Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I do believe that some are running optima batteries in there units.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
ive always ran oddessy batteries in mine there a little pricey but a great battery

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
ive always ran oddessy batteries in mine there a little pricey but a great battery
100% agree with this reply ..

I have several in use on my "stuff" now … one 2150 amp on my truck replacing 2 ea 750 amps, a 2150 on my CJ7 Jeep snow plow replacing a 550 amp , a 1750 on my winch on the gooseneck trailer and soon 2ea 2250's amp in this fifth wheel trailer. and one for the SxS also soon.

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I retract my previous post it was odyssey and not optima. Sorry for the bad info. I was going off my obviously terrible memory bank. Hahaha.

·
Administrator
7,168 Posts
Yes it is!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
how much money$$$$$$$$$$ ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I removed the stock battery under the seat and have a car size interstate battery in the tray under the hood. haven't had any issues with it not wanting to start like I used too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I removed the stock battery under the seat and have a car size interstate battery in the tray under the hood. haven't had any issues with it not wanting to start like I used too.
Nice thing if you keep your leads from under the seat and keep your little battery charged you have a spare.:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
The prior owner of my Cat put in a second battery with what appears to be a crossover switch. I'm assuming all that does is facilitate charging of the battery. Not sure how it works.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,168 Posts
May be a solenoid to connect the 2 batteries when needed. I used one on mine to enable the use/charging of my second battery, or keep it separated for a spare if needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts