Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 XTZ 1000 and the batteries don't last. It uses the same battery as a Harley 30L but they don't last. Every time I try a different brand but still one season and they are toast. When not in use I keep a battery tender on it but they still don't last. I have a built in battery float charger. DON~~~

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I think a lot of it's the heat these things put out. These things put out a lot of heat. My batteries lasted about 2 years. Putting in the car battery was the best thing I did.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
X2 above in stock battery box BTW ... been in for 3 years now

BTW the battery tenders specifically the Deltran [sp?] one do fail easily lost 2 batteries to them .. I use now the NOCO Genius ones and they are a MUCH better charger IMHO .... I now have 3 of them [2 sizes]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I've got mine with a Firepower battery (li-ion). The previous owner said, that he's had it for 2 years, and it is still good. For the month I've had my 700XT, no battery problems at all. Though I thought I will have to replace a battery right away, like you know I always do when I buy a pre-owned bike or vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I've got mine with a Firepower battery (li-ion). The previous owner said, that he's had it for 2 years, and it is still good.
Here it is powersportsid.com /fire-power/ 12v-featherweight-lithium-battery-mpn-hjtx30l-fp-il .html
I wanted to take a pic but googled it sooner.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site! Battery replacement is a great modification when the time is right! Many quality products available. Dual battery set-ups, larger automotive battery set-up, and so on are all available with-in the forum!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I'm looking a dual battery set up for my RZR, It has an auxiliary tray, I may as well fill it. right???

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Well, Hell Yeah! I used a simple snowplow solenoid to select my battery use. I always have a fully charged battery in reserve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts