Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my letter to Arctic Cat. I've never had a load heavier than two bags of portland cement in the rig, and it hasn't been abused. Sorry I can't post pictures, if I make them small enough to post, you can't see the details.

Dear Mr. B.......,

I've had my 2009 Prowler for about a year-and-a-half with several isssues as you well know. I haven't abused the vehicle, and it's been stored under a shaded shelter. I hadn't been able to use this vehicle between early July and late August, but when I picked it up I noticed two cracks in the bed, as illustrated in the attached photos. You can see the nearby attachment bolts are in good condition without paint scrapes. Obviously these are manufacturing defects, as a piece of equipment this expensive shouldn't fall apart so quickly.

But, yet again the dealer in Midland says you (Arctic Cat) won't warrant this problem. Will you tell me why? Before I can pay this off, it falls apart? Please make the authorization for the necessary repairs and talk to your plastic parts manufacturer about the bed's formulation; there's obviously something wrong.

Sincerely not happy,

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Here's my letter to Arctic Cat. I've never had a load heavier than two bags of portland cement in the rig, and it hasn't been abused. Sorry I can't post pictures, if I make them small enough to post, you can't see the details.

Dear Mr. B.......,

I've had my 2009 Prowler for about a year-and-a-half with several isssues as you well know. I haven't abused the vehicle, and it's been stored under a shaded shelter. I hadn't been able to use this vehicle between early July and late August, but when I picked it up I noticed two cracks in the bed, as illustrated in the attached photos. You can see the nearby attachment bolts are in good condition without paint scrapes. Obviously these are manufacturing defects, as a piece of equipment this expensive shouldn't fall apart so quickly.

But, yet again the dealer in Midland says you (Arctic Cat) won't warrant this problem. Will you tell me why? Before I can pay this off, it falls apart? Please make the authorization for the necessary repairs and talk to your plastic parts manufacturer about the bed's formulation; there's obviously something wrong.
i
Sincerely not happy,
Good Luck, I hope they listen to you and help you. But I know they dont warranty the plastic for defects after the first 6 months. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good luck. I hope it works out for ya. I haven't ever heard of this problem before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine has cracks too. I was dissappointed but figured it was all on me. Good luck on that, I've got my own battle w/AC right now.:(

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
My dash is cracked and bed is cracking also just recently had problem with wields cracking on frame.
You can get a brand new dash for around $60 - $75.

As far as the frame and welds cracking you need to go over the chassis and gusset and add support where Arctic Cat seems to have forgotten to do so. UTV Inc. sells some nice gusset kits and reinforcement to help with this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts