Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if these prowlers have a belt indicater,the reason I ask is because the cdi box I bought said it eliminated the belt indicater,and last summer when my belt screwed up,the word belt flashed on my dash cluster,I looked everywhere and I dont see any wires coming from side case.when sandcriss was on here he said these prowlers have a rev limiter and a speed limiter.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have looked around and can't find anything on a belt indicater.like I said earlier the word belt showed up on my gauge cluster when my belt messed up.and what happened to the belt was a spring from the exhaust come off and went into the duct work for the clutch and tore off some teeth on the belt.:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've search my manual and tried the web but haven't found anything

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
my belt is still the original and at 5000++ miles figure I'll change it next service , I give the XTZ a good workout when I'm out n about with my buddies

I have not seen a indicator on mine. Have it checked at each service and been told good to go each time , I always tell the service guys that I am a believer in PM service so don't wait til it's gone before change out.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my belt is still the original and at 5000++ miles figure I'll change it next service , I give the XTZ a good workout when I'm out n about with my buddies

I have not seen a indicator on mine. Have it checked at each service and been told good to go each time , I always tell the service guys that I am a believer in PM service so don't wait til it's gone before change out.
Gary,I just put a new epi set up in it,with a severe duty belt,the reason i was wondering because when my old belt lost some teeth,the word belt showed up on my gauge cluster,and a long time ago sandchris said they had a rev limiter and a belt indicater that worked as a top speed limiter.:confused:by the way a spring come off my exhaust and went down the cvt tube thats what tore the teeth off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts