Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had always heard that i should use an oem belt..... is thee any truth to this ???? any problems with aftermarket belts?? what are you guys running????

·
Registered
733 Posts
i had always heard that i should use an oem belt..... is thee any truth to this ???? any problems with aftermarket belts?? what are you guys running????
I'm about to change mine and based on what i've heard on here, the oem belt is the way to go. Sorry, I have no experience with aftermarket but I've always used the oem and have had good luck.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have heard OEM is the way to go aswell airdam/// talks very highly of them.

I think I am going to try a aftermarket belt next.
To see if they hold up any better.
Do you have any recromendations?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Only use cat belts,the aftermarket belts are never exactly the same a lil narrower a lil wider a lil shorter or a lil longer. This is what i have found out over the years on snowmobiles. Your performance will suffer. Higher or lower engagement of your clutch, and they never wear as long as a stock belt.Arctic cat offers harder or softer compound in snowmobile belts for longer wearing or racing.I don't know if they offer the same in prowler belts.I hope this helps in your decision.

Ps. Buy a Cat belt......

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it sounds like what i heard is true... i guess ill order a oem belt.. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oem

The aftermarket belts also have ceramic in them and will chew up your clutches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts