Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Prowler XTZ 1000....looking to purchase a few new spare drive belts...any belts you might highly recommend and any you would most certainly avoid? We are novice riders and will not be "leaning" on our machine...pretty easy going trail rides for the most part with the odd steep and rocky inclines. Thks

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
stock are great belts no need for others , if in steep terrane and low speed use low range .. much easier on belts

buy one and install .. if you need one save old one for emergency . you'll be surprised how long they last unless abused it will go well past 5000 miles

if your going to snow plow with it LOW GEAR , pull heavy stuff on grades LOW GEAR

fill in you location an we might be of more help , also fill in a signature line found in user CP at top right of page

do a search on here ,, there are online factory repair manuals available [ i don't have a link as I have a hard copy] also several guys will chime in with good parts places.

AND WELCOME to the house

Reactions: Firecat

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Welcome Barry! I've used EPI severe duty belts, and the factory belts. The factory belt really holds up well, and you can't go wrong on them! I trail ride, street ride, and sand dunes (very limited!) and have never had any issues with the belt. Gary is right about using low gear in certain conditions! K&T Lawn Equipment, and Country Cat have free service manual downloads.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A stock belt will last many thousands of miles. The wet clutch type CVT saves a lot heat and wear on the belt. Especially when compared to the slip and grip type CVT used on snowmobiles and by some ATV manufacturers.

Use the proper motor oil while keeping water, oil and dirt out of the CVT and it will last a really long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts