Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the belt come off without removing the secondary? Not much clearance.

Will spreading the secondary give enough room to slide it out?

·
Registered
271 Posts
yep. take one of the case bolts out and thread it into the small hole in the center of the secondary. thread it in untill it stops. it is tight but the belt will come off without having to take the secondary off. as long as you have the outter hald of the primary off, the belt just peels over the primary shaft and will slide out of the secondary.

·
Registered
294 Posts
He knows he is dealing with a bunch of guys and that we look at pictures and never read instructions, one question though, where are we supposed to put the duct tape. At least that's something our wives might say about us.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I've had it off a couple of times but pulled the secondary as well since I was playing with helix settings.

Nice to know it can be done.

Sure wouldn't kill them to give a guy a little more room though would it?

·
Registered
861 Posts
this may sound stupid but does the motor need to be pulled in the XTZ to get to this? I want to send my stuff to airdam for mods but i am heading to glamis for pres day, so i may not be able to strip it down in time. thanks SPlit

·
Registered
682 Posts
no but its a *****, you need to take the floor out and remove gas tank clamps and move tank as far forward as you can then you can get the cover off. I just took mine off yesterday, oh ya you have to take the filler tube mount off also.Anyway, not too hard just a lot of stuff to take off just to get to belt.

·
Registered
682 Posts
may be , but you still have to unstrap the gas tank and move it forward to get the cover off.Only takes about 30 minutes to get all the stuff off, but still a pain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts