Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was just wondering what the wear limits are for the drive belt on my '10 XTX. I have the cover off the belt just doing an end of year inspection/maintenance before the snow flies. Was just wondering wether or not to replace the belt.. I've got about 1500 Kilometers on this belt.. I've gotten it wet once.. its seems like its got a few spots that are worn more than others, when I turn it by hand it sinks in to the secondary clutch and in other spots its sits up nice and high. Also, when should I replace the bearing thats in the belt cover?. Thanks for any help.

Mitch

·
Registered
491 Posts
do a search on belt wear . there is a minimum thickness measurement on when you need to change the belt.

if yours is dropping in and out of the clutch you should think about getting another . save that one for a spare.

you can remove that bearing from the housing , it shouldnt wear out . but clean it , inspect that it spins free , is it the sealed bearing or the open roller bearing ? either way the open one you can regrease.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on, Thanks guys! yeah its dropping in and out of the secondary just a slight bit. Just enough for my picky eye to notice lol . and yeah its the sealed bearing type.. I've got it cleaned up now it seems to be in good shape. The belt also sitting higher in the secondary then it did when it was new.. must have streched maybe??

Thanks for the numbers desercat!!

Much appreciated as always guys,
Mitch

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's sitting higher then that means your belt is wearing. Without measuring it you will not be able to tell if it's still ok to use. I put about 2800 miles on a belt that measured good but I could see some heat cracks on the inside ribs of the belt so I replaced it. Cat belts only that's my 2 cents.
Right on, I'll know better tomorrow when I get it off I guess. Thanks for the advice, I'm with you on the Cat belt replacement for sure. I learned that lesson well with my sled.. always stick with the original, I've never had good luck with anything else!
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts