Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAs anyone replaced the drive belt on the Prowler 650XT.Is it too much for a "weekend Mechanic" to tackle.Someone "borrowed" it and road around most of the night with the parking brake on .Now with the slightest load it is slipping and smoking.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
HAs anyone replaced the drive belt on the Prowler 650XT.Is it too much for a "weekend Mechanic" to tackle.Someone "borrowed" it and road around most of the night with the parking brake on .Now with the slightest load it is slipping and smoking.

I have changed belts, clutch rollers and removed the clutches to reseal leaks. If you have any questions give me a call

Seth
602-361-5485

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
If it got really hot like you said, then I would remove your primary"drive" clutch and inspect the rollers for flat spots. This is the clutch that is attached to the crank shaft. When the belt slips and and gets hot you can melt flat spots in the rollers, and if you change your belt with out replacing your damaged rollers you will be right back in doing the job again. Before you replace the belt make sure you clean your clutch sheave faces really good. I use a red scotch brite pad to scuff up alittle and then clean with alcohol and a clean cloth. It is very important you have clean sheave surfaces with a new belt to get 100% efficeincy. Hope this helps

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seth,I really appreciate your advice on my belt problem .I got it tore down over the weekend and everything was very simple .I did have oil in the case and I cleaned everything up but can't find where the oil was coming from.Had to order the belt so I'm waiting on the delivery.My local atv shop wanted a couple of hundred dollars to replace the belt.BIG SAVE !!!!!Thanks again

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts