Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i noticed that bfg all terrains are making 195/75/14 tires again? are thoes simmilar to 27x8.50x14 and i was concidering putting them on my cat but willl i need new wheels i currently have itp wheels with 26x9x14 terracross in ft and 26x11x14 in rear. i guess the question i have is the rear wheels to wide for the bfg tires? and is the 195 simmilar to a 27'' also will the tires increase my top speed but lower my bottom end torque with the weight difference and less rolling resistance. costco has these tires for 140.00 a piece.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you can have good agressive atv tires for less than that

and you would not have to change your wheels, i am not sure about the weight but it should be considerably heavier compare to atv tires...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I put 27-8.50-14 on my stock rims and they work fine. You might check out big horn light truck tires. I got buck shot mudders for $115 each.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 650 what model do you guys have running truck tires, and do the rears look all balloned out because of the wider rear wheels

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Why do you want to run such a HEAVY tire?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see a lot of people running them and it seems as though they would last forever, i woud like a taller tire because im in a lot of rocks most of the time. i thought it would be a good choice due to looking at 27'' atv tires they all seem for mudd i will use it in streets also... im open to suggestions

·
Registered
385 Posts
I ride a lot of asphalt too. I found a set of stock rims cheap so I run truck tires in summer the put my utv tires on for winter. They do last forever

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i see a lot of people running them and it seems as though they would last forever, i woud like a taller tire because im in a lot of rocks most of the time. i thought it would be a good choice due to looking at 27'' atv tires they all seem for mudd i will use it in streets also... im open to suggestions
They will kill your power, Your 650 will feel like a 450.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thanks for the info i deffinitly dont want that. have you tried them or something like them. and have you had any problems with your 1.5 wheel spacers

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
well thanks for the info i deffinitly dont want that. have you tried them or something like them. and have you had any problems with your 1.5 wheel spacers
Talk to Split he has an XTZ with them he said they are VERY HEAVY and he can feel it. My wheel spacers have been great just me but I would not go with more than 1.5. I just check the BFGs weigh 31 pounds I think the old 27/9.50/14 weighed 34 pounds so maybe they will be better but they are still 10 pounds more than a big horn 2.0

·
Registered
861 Posts
jpbillin,

they are fairly heavy. They are sweet as far as drving the street and desert /dirt roads and you would be street legal (completely). You would prolly lose a lil take off power but once you got goin they are awesome on the roads/hardpack and drive much straighter then any other utv tire you will find. They will def last for years. You can come by and look at mine.. I'm out in buckeye. Would prolly let em go affordably :) since i mostly dune.

lol..i bet Joe wishes he had 2 inch spacers on some of those dunes huh.. :)

$plit

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
jpbillin,

they are fairly heavy. They are sweet as far as drving the street and desert /dirt roads and you would be street legal (completely). You would prolly lose a lil take off power but once you got goin they are awesome on the roads/hardpack and drive much straighter then any other utv tire you will find. They will def last for years. You can come by and look at mine.. I'm out in buckeye. Would prolly let em go affordably :) since i mostly dune.

$plit
5 inch would work!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
jpbillin,

$plit
I would think you would really feel the weight difference on a 650 but who knows with the better gearing they have over the 700. I know I felt a difference just by taking off my spare tire and carrier.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SPLIT,

you have a set of bfgs on wheels or just the tires what size rims are you running, on ft and rr, and pm me a price for them if your interested in selling thanks for the info im getting a lot of my questions answered

·
Registered
106 Posts
I run the general all terrains, cheaper and they work fine.. for the mountains I needed a DOT legal tire, they do rob some power but up there I'm not trying to haul balls everywhere.. I wouldn't run another tire on my utv personally.

·
Registered
861 Posts
SPLIT,

you have a set of bfgs on wheels or just the tires what size rims are you running, on ft and rr, and pm me a price for them if your interested in selling thanks for the info im getting a lot of my questions answered
i am running 27x8.5x 14s on DWT diablo wheels right now. All 4 are the same size. they fit the stock rims fine but the rear is usually wider so the tire will be stretched a tad to fit the width. like i said great tires that will last longer then your cat most likely.. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts