Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying 30" Outlaw Radials for the XTZ. Will these tires fit without rubbing? If they do rub, what is the solution?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Im thinking about buying 30" Outlaw Radials for the XTZ. Will these tires fit without rubbing? If they do rub, what is the solution?
I put 30" silverbacks on my 650xt. I think they would have fit without a lift, but i went ahead and installed a 2" lift from Highlifter. Plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you or anyone else on here had any problems with running the 2" lift. I figured just about every machine could handle a 2" without many issues, but someone on highlifter forums was telling me not to and my axles would thank me later. Just ordered the 30" OLRs today so have to run a 2" lift to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Have you or anyone else on here had any problems with running the 2" lift. I figured just about every machine could handle a 2" without many issues, but someone on highlifter forums was telling me not to and my axles would thank me later. Just ordered the 30" OLRs today so have to run a 2" lift to prevent rubbing.
I will say this. I wanted the extra ground clearance is why i put the lift on. Im pretty sure you can run the 30" without the lift. It does put a little more angle on the axle but it really doesn't look that bad. IMO the prowler is wider than most utv's therfore making the axles longer. A 2" lift on something narrower puts a lot more stress on the cv axles. I hope im right in my theory. I havent had a chance to ride mine b/c i cant get the damn thing running ever since i started trying to rejet it:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well got the 30" Outlaw Radials today and they rub very bad. Even with a 2" lift if i turn the wheel more than half way either way they start to rub. so this weekend going to do a little cutting on the fender wells to hopefully fix the problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
not very familiar with the XTZ but i just put 30" SB on my 08 650 today. No lift and theres a ton of room. There must have been a big dif. between the two.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the xt and xtx have a different suspension setup than the xtz. they have a ton more room than the xtz. plus the SB measure a little smaller than OLRs

·
Registered
82 Posts
the xt and xtx have a different suspension setup than the xtz. they have a ton more room than the xtz. plus the SB measure a little smaller than OLRs
What was the reson for the dif.? Was it more of a tuned sportier ride? These mods can be frustrating but u will prevail;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah they trying to make it sportier and less tippy with the "ride in" suspension. very freaking frustrating that you hear about people with 550s and 700s with tons of clearance and their top of the line prowler cant come close. ive got all the items needed to get the trimming done. going to use belting material to seal the opening up. When i get it done ill post some pics of the hopefully done and nice looking finished product.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where i live we have nothing but swampy area. i didnt really need the 30" Radial but wanted the lug depth of the 30". If they made the 28" radial with the same lug depth i would have gone with them instead.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
not very familiar with the XTZ but i just put 30" SB on my 08 650 today. No lift and theres a ton of room. There must have been a big dif. between the two.

No way can you fit 30" and not rub!

I ran 28" xtr mudlites and rub on my 2008 650xt.

Just sitting there or driving on the road there is clearance but when off angle and turning suspension compressed rubbed stock bumper and mangled the parking brake clamp!

30" tires will not rub on a trailer queen.
But...............
28" tires will rub on a 08 650xt that's all there is to it.

Good day to you sir................ I said good day;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After adding the OLRs and doing the fender cutout

Pics of fender cutout:
Had to cut out the false bottom and after that cut part of the lip of the floorbaord to allow the bottom floorboard to push through the cutout to finish trimming.

used 3M adhesive to reattach the lip on floorboard. Came out better than expected

reattached the fender, used same holes in the fender just made new ones in the metal. Made flush to still look stock.

Propping up the floorboard to make sure it has a good seal

·
Registered
82 Posts
No way can you fit 30" and not rub!

I ran 28" xtr mudlites and rub on my 2008 650xt.

Just sitting there or driving on the road there is clearance but when off angle and turning suspension compressed rubbed stock bumper and mangled the parking brake clamp!

30" tires will not rub on a trailer queen.
But...............
28" tires will rub on a 08 650xt that's all there is to it.

Good day to you sir................ I said good day;)
i can't argue with how she'll react on the trail, i'm just saying they fit with nearly 2" of clearance to firewall and two grown men jumping on front bumper and a couple of ditch crossings. they turn full crank both ways. I had suspension on softest and only advanced them 1 setting. I cant wait to hit the trail and figure everything out but im currently in shop dealing with other issues. I can assure you my good man if your looking for a trailer queen your looking in the wrong drive way

·
Registered
82 Posts
After adding the OLRs and doing the fender cutout

Pics of fender cutout:
Had to cut out the false bottom and after that cut part of the lip of the floorbaord to allow the bottom floorboard to push through the cutout to finish trimming.

used 3M adhesive to reattach the lip on floorboard. Came out better than expected

reattached the fender, used same holes in the fender just made new ones in the metal. Made flush to still look stock.

Propping up the floorboard to make sure it has a good seal
Nice work on the cut out, looks factory. Did it solve your clearance issues?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heres the finished product. Yeah it looks pretty close to factory as i could make it.

Yes this solved all of my clearance issues. Tried to put it in a bind and compress springs as much as possible and i could hear any rubbing. Whenever i take it out on the first real ride i will be able to tell for sure but im pretty confident i got it set

1 - 19 of 19 Posts