Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this slip on it looks real good and the price is ok. Just curious on actual performance. for that matter who has tried any of the slip ons how do they perform

·
Registered
278 Posts
I ordered this slip on for my XTZ and should have it any day. Won't know how it performs for a couple weeks though. Somewhere, BMP posted dyno charts that basically showed a 2 hp gain adding nothing but the pipe. If true, that (and the improved sound) is not bad for 225 bucks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered this slip on for my XTZ and should have it any day. Won't know how it performs for a couple weeks though. Somewhere, BMP posted dyno charts that basically showed a 2 hp gain adding nothing but the pipe. If true, that (and the improved sound) is not bad for 225 bucks.
Have you gotten a chance to try it out?
Anyone else try any of the slip on systems or full exhaust for that matter?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have you gotten a chance to try it out?
Anyone else try any of the slip on systems or full exhaust for that matter?
Due to my work schedule and the 100+ degree temps in the desert where I ride, no I have not tried it. I have installed it though, and I will say the machine went from sounding like a lawn tractor to sounding like a mix between a Harley and a Ducati! Awesome upgrade for the sound alone!

·
Registered
278 Posts
An update on the BMP slip-on. I did not have too much time to test it, as my driver's side rear axle pulled out @ 4 miles total on the machine (2 miles with the stock muffler/2 miles with the BMP). In for warranty it goes.
The good.....
-Very cool looking billet end cap!
-Sounds very nice without being too loud.
-Easy install.
-Great price!

The not-so-good.....
-Makes the machine backfire once "hard" during decel. I believe you need a fuel controller with this pipe. The folks @ BMP say no, but this is my experience. Looking at my options right now.
-The mounting "pins" on the BMP are only 1/4". The stock mounting grommets are 3/8", resulting in a sloppy fit. I tried to address this with some rubber tubing to make up the difference (melted). BMP said they have had no feed back on this.
-The pipe runs REALLY hot (caused my rubber tubing mentioned above to melt in only 2 miles). I hope a fuel controller addresses this.
-Some of the black paint is already flaking off. Again, I hope a fuel controller reduces the heat and solves this.

One additional comment. It would be nice if there was enough room @ the connection point of the pipe to install an oxygen sensor bung. Without the room, you are forced to dis-assemble more of the machine to remove the 2 into 1 "Y" pipe, and install a sensor there (I believe most slip-ons are this way).
YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts