Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I ordered this slip on for my XTZ and should have it any day. Won't know how it performs for a couple weeks though. Somewhere, BMP posted dyno charts that basically showed a 2 hp gain adding nothing but the pipe. If true, that (and the improved sound) is not bad for 225 bucks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered this slip on for my XTZ and should have it any day. Won't know how it performs for a couple weeks though. Somewhere, BMP posted dyno charts that basically showed a 2 hp gain adding nothing but the pipe. If true, that (and the improved sound) is not bad for 225 bucks.
Have you gotten a chance to try it out?
Anyone else try any of the slip on systems or full exhaust for that matter?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Have you gotten a chance to try it out?
Anyone else try any of the slip on systems or full exhaust for that matter?
Due to my work schedule and the 100+ degree temps in the desert where I ride, no I have not tried it. I have installed it though, and I will say the machine went from sounding like a lawn tractor to sounding like a mix between a Harley and a Ducati! Awesome upgrade for the sound alone!

·
Registered
280 Posts
An update on the BMP slip-on. I did not have too much time to test it, as my driver's side rear axle pulled out @ 4 miles total on the machine (2 miles with the stock muffler/2 miles with the BMP). In for warranty it goes.
The good.....
-Very cool looking billet end cap!
-Sounds very nice without being too loud.
-Easy install.
-Great price!

The not-so-good.....
-Makes the machine backfire once "hard" during decel. I believe you need a fuel controller with this pipe. The folks @ BMP say no, but this is my experience. Looking at my options right now.
-The mounting "pins" on the BMP are only 1/4". The stock mounting grommets are 3/8", resulting in a sloppy fit. I tried to address this with some rubber tubing to make up the difference (melted). BMP said they have had no feed back on this.
-The pipe runs REALLY hot (caused my rubber tubing mentioned above to melt in only 2 miles). I hope a fuel controller addresses this.
-Some of the black paint is already flaking off. Again, I hope a fuel controller reduces the heat and solves this.

One additional comment. It would be nice if there was enough room @ the connection point of the pipe to install an oxygen sensor bung. Without the room, you are forced to dis-assemble more of the machine to remove the 2 into 1 "Y" pipe, and install a sensor there (I believe most slip-ons are this way).
YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.