Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here and just got a used 2012 prowler 1000.
I just notice something wrong with the rear tire (driver side) see pics below...
I will try to take the tire off later on to see what's going on, but I just decided to share it with you so If anybody experience the same thing.

Edit: I test drive it and there is no shaking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
jack it up and see how much movement there is ......these things are bad on bushings,,,,i would start threr and welcome to the site!!:D

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Welcome to the site! I agree with Muddog's assessment, and advice. Hopefully it is bushings, and that is not to bad of hit. Keep us informed once you figure it out.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house ..

pic angle or moved housing ? .. looks like the side to side is different too

might also check to be sure axle hasn't pulled out from the center section. some have had issues there. it a push pull type collar that if not properly seated will pull back out [usually easily fixed by reseating it]

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Could it be a bad shock causing that side to sag?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys
Appreciate your input and advice.
I think will check it out tomorrow and will keep you updated with pics.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Looking forward to the pic's! Stay in touch.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It was just a quick look (no time:() I removed the tire to see if there is any visiable damage but everything looks normal :confused:
I noticed 2" spacer, could this be a problem?
I will try to remove both tires today..
Is there a spacer on both sides? Maybe only one side has the spacer, and that is why the one side sticks out a lot further.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
looks like you have to start taking some measurements:confused:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
for sure something isn't right … my '09 XTZ isn't that way even after well over 5000 miles use

·
Registered
404 Posts
Probably far fetched as it gets but if everything is tight and nothing seems to be out of place or broke. Could it be possible that it has a complete different model of control arms and axle shafts that side?

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Not so far fetched! From the pictures shown, it looks like a 2009 XTZ BAJA model, Maybe somewhere in its history a different upper control arm was installed. XTZ's, and XTX's have different part numbers on the upper, and lower arms.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Not so far fetched! From the pictures shown, it looks like a 2009 XTZ BAJA model, Maybe somewhere in its history a different upper control arm was installed. XTZ's, and XTX's have different part numbers on the upper, and lower arms.
RD I think he said it's a 2012 model XTZ,wonder how much difference there is in the a-arms on the XTZ and the XTX besides the shock location.Did they make a Baja in 2012.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
No, they only made the Baja in 2009, at least that is all I can find reference to it.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
2012 Xtz's were only offered in Orange, with the back bars, and looks to be a tire rack, and the green color I just thought it was a 2009 Baja. Either way there is something wrong with chamber on the rear tire! I'd like to see a picture of the roll cage, square, or round tube. Still a great machine! Lots of potential, and pucker factor!LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts