Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a front brake caliper relocation kit available for the Prowler XTZ? I got some new wheels and they are dangerously close to my calipers. Thanks

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Didnt utvcrap or utvInc offer them? At one time.

·
Registered
861 Posts
plenty o space in there Todd! come on!! that effin thing running yet? wtf? perma garage queen...been 3 years now and a whopping, what? 3 rides?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plenty o space in there Todd! come on!! that effin thing running yet? wtf? perma garage queen...been 3 years now and a whopping, what? 3 rides?

You are way off. I have 3 rides per year! Turbo XTZ is up and running great. Just working out a few small bugs and I need some front axles to be done. I am good with the clearance but a little more would make me feel better. New wheels and tires go on next week. Let's go ride I am ready any time.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From the picture it looks like you would gain plenty of room just by cleaning the casting ridges in the middle of the caliper.
That's what I thought as well but the picture was taken in macro mode very close up and the cast marks you see are actually the manufactures logo and is less than an 1/8". I am going to run it the way it is. I think if I clearance it more I might be inviting larger rocks and sticks to get jammed up in there. I think most rocks will bounce of the caliper and find their way out of the wheel with the tight clearance that's there now.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The ones UTVinc sold only moved the caliper in towards the rotor less than a quarter inch the get more you had to cut down the diameter of the rotor slot the caliper braket and use a nut and bolt to move in in . You can grind a considerable amount of material from the top side of the caliper

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Todd,
You want me to stop by and do it for you? I have a great sanding disc
I am heading to Crested Butte for a week of dirt biking. I will hit you up when I get back. Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts