Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 H1 and everything was working pretty fine until last drive. Now for some reason every time I use brake it sounds like a bucket of rocks is being shaken under the vehicle. I have never faced such problem ever before, so can't figure out what's causing this noise. Does anyone have the same problem? Need your help to fix it.

Thanks..

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have 2007 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 H1 and everything was working pretty fine until last drive. Now for some reason every time I use brake it sounds like a bucket of rocks is being shaken under the vehicle. I have never faced such problem ever before, so can't figure out what's causing this noise. Does anyone have the same problem? Need your help to fix it.
Thanks..
weel if you ever find the cure to that problem let us know we are a bunch load on this site to have that issue mine is brand new and does it, we are told by a/c that it is normal

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the same noise on my 650 as well, it is from a warped rear brake rotor, I just left mine untill i need new pads then i will replace with something a little better than stock,.(if i can find one)..

·
Banned
70 Posts
mine does it to and its really anoying any one know what it is

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have found tht if you let off the gas to let it start slowing down before getting on the brake it wont make this noise. Its only when your on the gas and then suddenly brake. Thats when i've noticed it most.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine also does this. I need to replace front/rear pads, does anyone have a link or video I can watch before I botch this all up??? Thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you buy factory pads it comes with instructions.

Also you could download the manual for free from the link on this forum.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I have heard the issue is a warped rotor! I had what I thought was a brake rattle, when actually it was the cv dust cover that came loose causing the noise. During diagnosis I removed the rotor and being service tech I tried to turn the rotor, which did not work wow are they hard. Sovi installed and then noticed the noise everyone is talking about. Bought a new rotor and still makes the noise just not as bad, so if I had to guess I would say my new rotor is warped to. We owe it to our selfs to come up with a fix guys lets put on the thinking caps

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
On my r/c rigs I put springs between the brake pads to keep the pad off the rotor when not in use. I have washed out alot of mud and gunk from the pad area of my brakes.

Also it might eliminate a brake pad rattle as a source of noise, process of elimination atleast.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Dessertcat and I are working on fix. Will keep you posted. Mine is fixed but needs more testing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
noisey brakes

I had the same problem and it drove me nuts I asked the dealer and he told me to put them on and then back up very fast three times and hit the brakes and they would self adjust I tried it he tried it and they still make the same noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could someone post a picture of the "Anti-Rattle" kit installed please. Is it just a spring to push the pads off the rotor? That's AC's fix?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The part number is 1502-162 rear brake.jpg and the springs alone wont fix it. number 13 is the spring

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Do the springs get stretched out over time and therefore not work properly?
mine were after a while I can tell you that part of the problem is the brake pads switch to EBC pads and it will help. But like I posted Dessertcat and I are working on a fix we will have news soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts