Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New user here in Jacksonville, fl with a 2006 AC Prowler 650 SXS. When I am running and let off the throttle and apply the brakes I have a very loud noise that sounds like a loose chain sprocket, kind of wierd noise like somethings loose. Only when braking though. The brakes work fine. Was wondering maybe if it could be looseness in the CV joints or maybe something else in the drive line, but then why does it only present itself when braking? I was going to dismount the cargo box and have my wife drive and brake while I look to see if I can identify the source of the noise. Any Ideas ?? I love the prowler, it's lots o fun in the mud and on the trails at our newest ATV park, mudmuckers. The name is appropriate.

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's normal, some say it's a warped rear rotor and replacing it will eliminate the noise.

My 08 did it for the first 4 or 5 hundred miles but then got quieter

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can try setting up the parking brake a little it helped on mine be careful don't get it too tight. Do a search there has been plenty of discussion on this

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am dealing with the same thing. Tried to replace the rear brake pads and now I'm fighting with a stripped pos brass bolt. Off to find bolt extractors now!

·
Registered
421 Posts
The noise is fairly normal,replacing the rear brake rotor may or may not fix.most of the noise is just gear train backlash noise.noise is pretty normal in the older models.newer models have had some updated gears and such to help reduce the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts