Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Prowler 700 HDX needs front & rear brake pads and I was wondering what everyone uses & where to get them?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My 2012 Prowler 700 HDX needs front & rear brake pads and I was wondering what everyone uses & where to get them?
You will get a few opinions on this,I had factory A/C on the front 2000 miles on them still had pad left they squeaked really bad at 1500 miles I had EBC on the rear they were good brakes,I converted to 4-wheel disc put A/C pads on the rear squeaked from day one,I just bought Brakes from Evolution powersports they make pads for the prowler and wild cat.........no noise at all 86 dollars for all 4-wheels.:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I bought some cheap "Severe Duty Sintered" on ebay that were junk and fell apart within a year. I was out riding and thought I had a rock stuck in one turned out it was metal to metal. I went back with stock ones.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I always used EBC severe duty brake pads for my quad and they really held up well. Dunno if that company is still in business or if they offer AC brake pads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking on ebay & several offer kevlar pads, but they have 6 pads for a complete set. Wouldn't I need 8 pads to do all 4 wheels?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I was looking on ebay & several offer kevlar pads, but they have 6 pads for a complete set. Wouldn't I need 8 pads to do all 4 wheels?
Yes if yours has the 4 wheel braking, older models like mine only have 3 brakes 2 on front and one rear on the driveline. I believe they all use the same size pad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 2012 700 HDX came from the factory with 4 wheel disc brakes. AC gets 45 bucks a wheel for pads, and my originals are bad at 580 miles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
2012 xtz came with 4 dics, then 2013 hdx got them. Maybe you have a late 2012 - early 2013?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
My 2012 700 HDX came from the factory with 4 wheel disc brakes. AC gets 45 bucks a wheel for pads, and my originals are bad at 580 miles.
DAMN Man get your foot off the brakes and let it roll :) , you may want to check out your rig, that is not normal wear !!

BTW the 2009 XTZ has 4 wheel also and assume they all do as the 2009 was the first year.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That wear does seem excessive.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have always squealed but upon inspection they are very thin. I bought this from a farmer who drove it thru a lot of mud & corn stalks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts