Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you take your car apart often some of the parts become weak and fail. One of these parts is the shaft that holds the brake pedal to the frame. Mine has been on and off many times and it finally failed. Here are some photos and a quick explanation of how to fix this.

Here is the quick and cheap way to fix your brake pedal mount without buying the new frame assembly part for $70.00. It will take a few posts to show you the photos and explain so here it goes. You can do this on the car or on a bench your choice. The part takes 5 minutes to remove from the car so that is the way I did it.

Thanks to sandchris for doing this for me. You have been a big help with my XTZ and you have the right tools to get the job done.

First picture shows the broken part on my car.
Second picture shows what it looks like after sawing off the broken shaft.
Third picture shows how to mark the center to prepare for drilling.
Last photo is the old stud and you can see how it failed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sandchris having fun!

If you have any questions about drill bit sizes or the diameter of the new stud Chris can answer that. Since he is top poster and can type 80 words per minute I will leave it up to him.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope this helps and once again thank you sandchris for all your help. Feel free to add any comments that will help out with this fix Chris.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nice work gentelmen

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Nice repair, Maybe we all can learn from this.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You are real good at watching.LOL. Just kidding Todd. It was no problem. What was it 15-20 mins?
Hey Sandchris dosent your Superman Cape Flap a lot when you ride?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well to be honest with you I quit smoking about six months ago. So none of my clothes are fitting real good these days. You guys thought I just wanted to turn the boost up to go faster. When in reality it is cause of my fat ass when i quit smoking.
I wish I could blame my weight on quitting smoking, Im on 3 different steroids Ive gained 80 pounds since my transplant.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No wonder why you are getting rid of the rails on your cat. I am with ya Joe make that thing as light as possible.
But my overweight Mustang street Drag car turned 10.80s emissions legal too!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I could not resist. I thought what the hell everyone else is pissing you off today.:D Just messin with ya Joe.
Believe me Im not pissed off, Im Happy I just didnt like what was said but Im over it. I still only want the best for this forum.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts