Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, was just wondering if there is something in the ecu that sends extra fuel to the engine for a certain "break in period". I've heard of this on certain snowmobiles and after about 1500 k or so it leans out a little and works better.. I was just curious, mine seems to really be running rich.. don't get wrong, i'm not going to change that was just wondering that's all

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not heard of any of the 700's running rich. So maybe your assumption is right about it running rich for some break in time. I would think 1 tank might be enough time. Defiantly 2 tanks.
Ya, just wasn't sure.. I've had a few tanks through it and it still seems to be getting a lot of fuel.. I know the factory settings are always going to be a little on the rich side, just to be safe. Maybe closer to the end of riding season I'll look at adding a power commander or something. It seems to work quite well regardless but this might be a way to pull a little more efficient power out of it with limited modification? We'll see.. Thanks for the input :)

M

·
Registered
114 Posts
I dont know of any brake in period for EFI. But yes the XTZs do run rich from the factory and could be leaned out a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts