Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my pops 07 Prowler has officially broke the 12,000 mile mark. And here I'm barely over 2500 miles on mine! How many miles have you all accrued on your machines?

Of course, my father did replace the motor in his at 9,000(ish) miles. He had ordered in a new crate motor from Babbitts and put it in. He just rebuilt the rear shocks this summer and is looking to rebuild the fronts as well. All other parts are pretty much original. Other wear items that are looking rough are the underhood storage bin has pretty much broke off and he's had to rig up an alternative way to mount it. His hood is getting near the end of its life as the plastic is getting some pretty decent cracks. But overall, I'm pretty impressed with how well his machine has held up.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Damn Chrome browser on my tablet crashed so I'll try this post again. I've got 6,700 miles on my '07 Prowler but I did put in a crate motor also after the famous oil pump driven gear failure at around 3,000 miles. Body is still in good shape with a few battle scars.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'm nearing 6K on my XTZ 2009 model , some good road rash here and there from being on it's side but over all in great shape ZERO issues so far and just regular PM servicing . but haven't ridden/driven in about 9 months now. been busy with marriage and moving etc

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
6,000 on mine, everything is still good, even the turf saver!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
2000 miles on mine,the wife isn't into riding that much anymore.......:(...lol thats why I bought another Quad.........

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just over the 200 mile mark on my 09 550. Bought it new as a cary over in 2010. In fact have even thought about selling it. Any takers???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nope no atv anymore. Had them all my life though. Started riding when I was about 4yrs old on a lil honda 3wheeler. Thinkin about buying a Can-Am Renegade or outlander. If the prowler was a lil faster I would drive it back and fourth to work. So I am also lookin at the wildcat trail. Not sure yet what I will do??? Im one of those guys that hems and haws about things for a long time then one day just decides to do it. No wife no worries! :p

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Nope no atv anymore. Had them all my life though. Started riding when I was about 4yrs old on a lil honda 3wheeler. Thinkin about buying a Can-Am Renegade or outlander. If the prowler was a lil faster I would drive it back and fourth to work. So I am also lookin at the wildcat trail. Not sure yet what I will do??? Im one of those guys that hems and haws about things for a long time then one day just decides to do it. No wife no worries! :p
I think the trail would be a blast...we set in one and its just too cramped for me....the renegade or outlander would be a nice machine.....the only problem around here on those products is the service.......all my buddy's that own Can-Am products said they would never buy again...just because of the service.....

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
A/C are not much better on that , hard to find a dealer and the ones out there few and far between with quality trained service people ..

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
A/C are not much better on that , hard to find a dealer and the ones out there few and far between with quality trained service people ..
Gary I agree,my local A/C dealer has a 2009 prowler that has been in the service dept for 3 weeks now waiting on parts to fix the turf saver,I was in there the other day and the customer was not a happy camper,lol I could hear him yelling from the show room.......................

·
Registered
220 Posts
I hear you Gary, I don't know if I would ever buy another A/C again. Just because of the Customer service from the factory! It seems the dealer tries to help, but no communication from A/C.

·
Registered
220 Posts
When my new Engine didn't show up on the date they told me, called the dealer. They never received it, A/C never even called them. A/C said they had 5 engines in stock, when I ordered it. There dealer site says they still 5 engines. But there email rep says they don't have any!...{the dealer has to email A/C apparently}...They don't know when they will have any. They have a "short block" they will sell me for $800 less...But the dealer has never heard of one and is waiting for an email to explain what a short block consists of?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I assume a "short block" is missing the head. If I get it, makes me wonder if I should go for the 700 big bore kit?.....My head was still good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the trail would be a blast...we set in one and its just too cramped for me....the renegade or outlander would be a nice machine.....the only problem around here on those products is the service.......all my buddy's that own Can-Am products said they would never buy again...just because of the service.....
My ac dealer is an hr away. My can-am dealer is 2 hrs away. But the drive dont bother me. Gives me a reason to get out of this lil 1 hole town. I could by poo products..... (I live in the town where they are built) But once you have had 14 of them in under 10 yrs that leaves a bad taste in your mouth! And once you have worked there anyone with half a brain wouldnt buy them either. So buyin one of their products doesnt even cross my mind.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I assume a "short block" is missing the head. If I get it, makes me wonder if I should go for the 700 big bore kit?.....My head was still good.
I thought you received the engine....a short should be still complete except the head,the piston and cylinder should be with it.did you order a complete engine or a short block...........I agree I did not know you could order a short block.........

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My ac dealer is an hr away. My can-am dealer is 2 hrs away. But the drive dont bother me. Gives me a reason to get out of this lil 1 hole town. I could by poo products..... (I live in the town where they are built) But once you have had 14 of them in under 10 yrs that leaves a bad taste in your mouth! And once you have worked there anyone with half a brain wouldnt buy them either. So buyin one of their products doesnt even cross my mind.
I remember you saying you worked there....I cant believe you went through 14 Polaris's in 10 years...what was the big down fall you noticed when you worked there....our 2 Polaris services departments are swamped with quads and sxs's,its taking up to 2 weeks for an oil change,but the reason is because there is 5 time as many Polaris's as there is any machine around here,in my part of the country people eat breath and sleep Polaris products.....I had a buddy of mine that just bought a 1000 Polaris scrambler Quad 13,000 dollars every time the front wheels come off the ground you can hear the front axles plunge...the dealer said that was normal,not sure I would be happy with that............

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
But I have heard complaints from people about all our dealers around here that sell's all brands.........just the same as you do about automotive dealers......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts