Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Broken shock question?

10K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  de3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hunting trip

Well this broken shock is about the only thing I got on this hunting trip.....:D

I tried to delete/edit the title of this thread, but it won't let me....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
A couple of the pictures why the family was only there for the first day. Fat man with the hunting beard going on is me with my oldest kid.

Attachments

#5 ·
$60 vs $1500........hmmmm:confused: I think my wife has already made that decision for me.....:D And Mike won't give me his. Cheap *******....:D

#7 ·
But your belt was OK! LOL

#8 ·
Belt was fine.....:D

#9 ·
Has anybody tried Derby Cycles website lately? I was attempting to get to their Arctic Cat parts, but it fails every time. Wondered if it was just my computer settings or their website?

#11 ·
I broke a rear shock my last time out but not like that!!!:confused:

#13 ·
I wish I could afford that right now. It would be nice to have a set of Elkas..:(

#15 ·
Shane, I am here to cheer you up! On a scouting trip for Deer this year, I broke a leaf spring on my UTV trailer. It wiped out my fender and tire. Had to buy (2) new Fenders, (2) new leaf springs (went a little heavier) and a new tire. WAIT! just getting started! Then while taking my Girlfriend on her Cow Elk hunt, I cut the side wall beyond repair on my Prowler..(10 miles from camp). The next day on the way home, I blew the head gasket on my F350 Diesel. ( a $4200.00 repair)..Put new tires on the prowler and then headed out on my Daughters Deer hunt. Again, about 10 miles from camp is when we noticed the hole in my Crankcase, got towed to a main road, sent friend to go get my UTV trailer. He came back hours later to reveal that he blew the Engine in his Rino. and had to walk back to camp. Finally we loaded my prowler, started driving and then cut the sidewall on my new trailer tire on the way back . we had to unhook trailer,( because he left the lug wrench and jack in a milk crate back at camp)..after breaking down at 7:00 am, got back to camp at 9:00 pm. After driving 5 hrs to get home, I wiped out the roof of my overhead camper about 500 yrds. from my driveway on a low hanging branch (wind had broken it while I was Gone) put hole in roof, peeled rubber all the way back, wiped out vents and luggage, ladder rack. Thinking trip to Europe would have been cheaper!

#17 ·
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't know what to say either.... Man, my broken shock doesn't sound so bad after all......

#18 ·
Was so upset, I just had to grab a new state of mind and laugh! On the upside, Daughter shot a 33" 5x5. Western count. I will try to post a pic. have them on my phone. I cant remember how to put in reply? asks for URL sight?

#21 ·
When things go bad, they seem to snowball! Some days I'm afraid to leave the house!

#23 ·
That is one of the downfalls about doing parts and labor for people. I started doing work for people, but they fronted the money for parts, or provided them. I still got burned on my labor, but my out of pocket was not hurt! You think you know people, but you never can figure on what they will do. Hope you sell the shocks.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.