Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were up on the Cumberland Divide Saturday with a group a friend who came up from Alabama, working thruough some tough terran and I broke a rear axel on some steps, then I broke the other rear axel ten feet later. :eek: This was not good, but I still had a 4500lb wench and front wheel drive as well as plenty of help. So we charged on mostly on my own power with the occational push or pull it was all good. About an hour later one of our crew got his finger crushed between a rock and the rollcage (bad hand placement) So now we were looking to work our way out to get him to the ER and it was going fine until our guide broke his axel on a "short cut" that went up one nasty trail. We wenched him to the top and put the injured guy with him and he took off leaving us with vauge directions on a trail that we had never been on. Fortunately I had a GPS so I knew were we where and were we had to go. So we picked our way through the woods for about three more hours till we were about a mile from a trail I was framiliar with and at that point then my luck ran out about an hour befor dark when I droped in a wash out and something in the front dif broke. So now I had to be pulled the rest of the trip which at that piont was pretty easy traveling. Damn the bad luck. :D

So what is the opinion on replacement axels. I need to get them in quick for hunting season. I can live without front wheel drive on our hunting lease. And I wll admit that money is an option. My rig is a 2007 650 H1.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I THINK THAT WOULD BE A RIDE I WOULD HAVE TO TRY TO FORGET,BUT SOMETIMES ITS PART OF RIDING.how many miles on your prowler,someone on here will know some good drive line parts to buy,never had to buy any yet.................

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts