Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about selling my 2010 RZR LE and buying a 2011 XTZ that my dealer still has in stock. Its been on their floor for a while so they are going to cut me a helluva deal on it. It would mostly just be my toy project since I have a Ranger for all hard work around the house. Ive only owned Polaris for all of my bikes (and dad's) so this is all new for me looking at another brand. Im just curious about eveyone's experience with these machines. The dealer was trying to get me to look at a RZR XP since its kinda the same market, but I want a full size cab like my ranger and the commander i just dont fit well in it (im 6'5" and the full center console is uncomfortable to me). Is the quiality good for arctic cat? performance? problems with fenders? hazards? safety? etc? Im sure majority will be positive since this is a Prowler website but just like to gain as much info on something before I purchase it. Thanks for any help with this.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
From the talk on the forum the 2011 seem to be one of the years to buy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2012 XTZ, upgraded from a Cruiser1000 2011.

Some general fixes and upgrades on the 2012 engine, compared to the 2011 engine, witch is already much much better than 2010 and 2009, as per comments here.

I would say 2011 is not bad, but if you can get a 2012 for not much more...

The only hard comment I have, and it applies on any XTZ for that matter, is that the suspension is not very user friendly if you want to make adjustments "on the fly", you need the required tools and they are not included...

p.s. loads of torque included...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts