Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its been a while since my last post, I sold my 08 xt today and Im buying the new 2012 hdx, does anybody have one? just wondering if any one has some news or info on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 11'.

Power steering trouble code - Fix dielectric grease
Shift issues - cable adjustment

I love the hdx and use it everyday. It is the workhorse I hoped it would be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wish they could build a 3 seat version for the prowler 1000.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How fast will it go top end? my 650 XT does 50 mph I hope it will do at least that but reguardless IM picking it up tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had mine up to 46 mph on a short stretch of road. I think 50 mph would be possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah it will do 55 at least with stock tires. i have 30" silverbacks now and it will still hit 42mph or so.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A friend of mine purchased a 2011 HDX. It drives really nice with the power steering and shocks. I think that the extra wheel base helps as well.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I know its not exactly the same but I have the 700 xtx which is the same motor and it will do 55 mph no problem.. I think it will go even faster than that but I don't push it much harder...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
800 miles on the HDX now

Hey guys I got 800 miles on the HDX now, its only had few problems nothing to bad but I did have to put a new set of rip saw tires on it the stock tires would not hold up to high speed through the corners but its all good now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys I put over 1300 miles on the hdx and it still looks like new I bought a new pressure washer right after I bought it, a 2700 psi instead of a electric junker I can wash it real good in 20 minutes, but anyways the bench seat is awesome we found out that 3 medium size guys can jump on it and put 130 miles on it in a day no problem, the large bed size is really cool you can fit a chainsaw, dry cooler, ice cooler 5 gal. gas can, grill and a kx 100 dirt bike if needed, before I put the new tires on it I had it up to 57 miles per hr and now with the stock size razor backs on it I can get it up to 50 or a little better down a hard surface.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
cool picture,glad you like your HDX do you have powersteering on yours,keep us posted.:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The power steering is the only way to go I will never go with out again, it was a little different to get use to it at high speed in the beginning (you kinda sway side to side like it was very touchy) but I adjusted quick heck I got a video of my then 3 year old driving it around the yard i was working the gas its that easy to steer.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The power steering is the only way to go I will never go with out again, it was a little different to get use to it at high speed in the beginning (you kinda sway side to side like it was very touchy) but I adjusted quick heck I got a video of my then 3 year old driving it around the yard i was working the gas its that easy to steer.
I would love to have power steering,talked to some Can-AM guys and they didn't like it,they put a switch on theres to shut off there power steering when there going fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts