Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do some of you guys deal with the heat that comes off the engine cover ,inside the cab ? I have a home made top,half doors and a 3/4 windshield .NO back cover! The heat inside the cab on a "23 degree fahrenheit" day is MUCH TOO HOT with the extra heat off the engine box..:confused: Is there a way to move more air over the engine somehow ??

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think you mean 23 celsius, not farenheit (73 F)?!?

A couple of options:

1. DRIVE REAL FAST......lol....couldn't resist!!
2. Remove the windshield in the warmer months (if you don't mind extra dust/bugs)
3. I know some folks who have installed insulation on the underside of the engine cover, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea - the engine needs to get rid of its heat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys,I was thinking of doing a split windshield that could open in the middle and let some air in ,like a "JEEP" window that lays on the engine bonnet or something like that !! When you can make your own ,anything is possible !!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Insulate the engine cover it helps a lot.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think your best option would be to go with the short winsheild.. it'll keep the debris out of your face but still allow air to flow through and keep the heat down.. I just run mine completely open this time of year and wear goggles lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
ive done the insulation on the cover and it helps.....more with the noise than the heat imo . i recently used header wrap on the pipes and i will tell that Does work!!! i couldnt believe the difference it made !

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I did the dynomat on the inside of the engine cover it has reflective foil.

It gets nuclear hot I could only imagine how hot with out it.

Looks like header wrap is the answer.

I bought some awhile back but did not put it on with the new motor cause I thought it would just steam forever after it gets wet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the way I have now,I can just imagine how hot it would be for you guys in California,Nevada,Arizona and so-on :eek:...It's NO fun when your "cooking" inside your cab trying to have fun in the sun..:confused:.Thanks for all the info and I 'm going to look at insulating the engine cover as well...if not ,just to keep the noise down.....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts