Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have a 2006 Prowler UTV. I'm reassembling it right now and can't find the c-ring that sits in the cylinder head on the end of the camshaft.

I'm trying to get the Prowler back out to my hunting lease on Monday and don't have time to order a replacement one from Babbits. I need it today or Friday.

Does anyone know if a generic, direct replacement? Or the dimensions?

The Arctic Cat part # is 0809-003

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello - I have a 2006 Prowler UTV. I'm reassembling it right now and can't find the c-ring that sits in the cylinder head on the end of the camshaft.

I'm trying to get the Prowler back out to my hunting lease on Monday and don't have time to order a replacement one from Babbits. I need it today or Friday.

Does anyone know if a generic, direct replacement? Or the dimensions?

The Arctic Cat part # is 0809-003
Not sure on that one,hang in there someone might chime in and know,I think MLH1962 has a motor tore down.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I don't have the old one tore down yet, just have the stuff (clutches) apart from when the AC shop was checking the oil pump gear. I just got done putting in the new fridge and hooking up the ice maker I had to buy today. I'll try to go out to the garage tonight and see if I can get it out.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Don't know if this will help much I don't have a micrometer to give you exact measurements.
c clip 1.jpg

C Clip 2.jpg

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Photo helps a lot and I have the old cam and can measure the thickness.

I ordered a new one today as a backup plan.

I'll scour the auto and fastener places in town tomorrow (Austin)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Get back with us and let us know how your motor runs.:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Thanks! Photo helps a lot and I have the old cam and can measure the thickness.

I ordered a new one today as a backup plan.

I'll scour the auto and fastener places in town tomorrow (Austin)
How long is it going to take to get the new one? I had one of my rockers backordered for over a month when I was working on mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My parts typically come in pretty quickly, haven't had any backorders. I ordered new rockers back in early April and got them quickly.

I installed the 700 overbore kit from Speedwerx as well as a complete valve and head job. Also built my own free flow intake. I'd hoped to have it back together this weekend, but unless I find this part in town today, no way then :(

I ordered 145, 150, and 155 jets to redo the carb as well.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My parts typically come in pretty quickly, haven't had any backorders. I ordered new rockers back in early April and got them quickly.

I installed the 700 overbore kit from Speedwerx as well as a complete valve and head job. Also built my own free flow intake. I'd hoped to have it back together this weekend, but unless I find this part in town today, no way then :(

I ordered 145, 150, and 155 jets to redo the carb as well.
I can help you on your jetting if you need any help,hat kind of exhaust are you running.155 main is gonna be real close,you will be able to jump up on your pilot jet as well,stock is a #40 you can jump to 42 or 45..will know more about it when you ride it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a stock exhaust with a Benz Silent rider.

I haven't messed with the pilot jet. I hope I can leave it stock.

Here's a pic of the air intake. The crankshaft vent hose is going to get a filter on the end and vent to the open air, not back into the intake.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
So how do you like silencer?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Even If you have to change no big deal,If your header pipe dont glow at Idle you should be alright,but with the high flow intake you have you can go higher than stock,I hope your exhaust dont mess with your performance,Be prepared for a lot of noise from your intake,I have the speedwerx high flow,took it off after the first ride,couldn't here yourself think.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The benz silent rider is okay at low speeds for noise, but doesn't really work all that well in terms noise reduction at higher throttle positions. It never messed with my performance - put it on back in 2005 or 2006. I think I need to to a custom exhaust and run a longer pipe before the muffler and get a new muffler and ditch the benz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts