Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to observe a Can-Am advertisement when I attempted to check for new posts. Attached is a picture of what I saw. Can anybody advise why Can-Am would have an ad on Prowler Talk?:confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just happened to observe a Can-Am advertisement when I attempted to check for new posts. Attached is a picture of what I saw. Can anyboy advise why Can-Am would have an ad on Prowler Talk?:confused:
Terry I get them on mine also,also Honda,ect,and a few A/C ones.:confused:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terry I get them on mine also,also Honda,ect,and a few A/C ones.:confused:
I can understand vendors advertising, but a competitor to Arctic Cat, sounds odd to me. :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I can understand vendors advertising, but a competitor to Arctic Cat, sounds odd to me. :confused:
I know what you mean I'M looking at a john deere one now..............:confused:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean I'M looking at a john deere one now..............:confused:
....I use Adblock Plus on my computer and disabled it on PT page. Now I see numerous ads like you were speaking of de3. Like it much more blocking all those ads.:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Adds are based on the cookies that are saved on your computer, more often then not. They they are selected per user based on the cookies saved on your computer that your viewing the page from.

Companies then pay for their advertisements. To be displayed on sites directed toward the same enviroment. In which you are on.

Also arctic cat being a smaller company prolly doesn't pay for advertisement like the big 4 and can am. So there for you don't see them pop up.

Also take social media sites when your logged on check out the advertisements. It's all based on things of your interest that you have viewed in the recent past.

It's scary knowing that your computer is telling another computer to show what adds that will gain your interest just t try and get you to spend money!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Adds are based on the cookies that are saved on your computer, more often then not. They they are selected per user based on the cookies saved on your computer that your viewing the page from.

Companies then pay for their advertisements. To be displayed on sites directed toward the same enviroment. In which you are on.

Also arctic cat being a smaller company prolly doesn't pay for advertisement like the big 4 and can am. So there for you don't see them pop up.

Also take social media sites when your logged on check out the advertisements. It's all based on things of your interest that you have viewed in the recent past.

It's scary knowing that your computer is telling another computer to show what adds that will gain your interest just t try and get you to spend money!!!!
Yep you got that right Clark and everyone has a digital trail everywhere they go on the internet and that tells us they have been checking out the competition:D Busted!

I've been looking at tires and the ads are showing up on my Facebook page now. You can try some of the safe browsing modes offered on different browser but it's not really going to matter much unless you delete your cookies and try to clear your search history online, Google saves everything and damn near everyone uses it.

Update: those cookies are what keeps you from having to login every time you visit this site so they're not all bad.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yep you got that right Clark and everyone has a digital trail everywhere they go on the internet and that tells us they have been checking out the competition:D Busted!

I've been looking at tires and the ads are showing up on my Facebook page now. You can try some of the safe browsing modes offered on different browser but it's not really going to matter much unless you delete your cookies and try to clear your search history online, Google saves everything and damn near everyone uses it.

Update: those cookies are what keeps you from having to login every time you visit this site so they're not all bad.
Same here,I was looking at can-ams and the ad showed up on my FB page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts