Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we here Can-Am is coming out with a SxS next month. Anybody see it yet? Its suposed to be sporty and have a big motor, not sure what size. A/C dropped the ball.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dont take that picture seriously. that pic is a photoshop. its RZR side panels and renegade headlights grafted in. the front bumper is a set of handle bars. its all photoshopped. that photoshop has been around for almost 2 years. they do have them coming out later this year. rumored to have 2 different powerplant options, BIG and BIGGER.

dont worry though arctic cat has its own sporty side by side coming out that is just like the RZR only about 4 inches wider and about 6 inches longer. its supposes to have the 1000 T-cat motor in it. when they do unveil it i'll sign the papers. i'll have one, do the clutching, and run 100 mph wherever i wanna go!!!

it was rumored to be unveiled this year at the mud nationals ride down in texxas this weekend but supposedly the head CEO is not gonna be there at mud nats this year so the high AC guys i talked to said since the CEO is not gonna be there they aren't unveiling it yet. they've already built a few, and have them stashed in a warehouse sitting. i wish they'd go on and let me have one already!

·
Registered
682 Posts
ya , thats just what i wanted to hear. They are coming out soon, now that i have long arm , beadlocks,lowering seats and roll cage. Thats my luck!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
as the saying goes .. the grass is always greener

BUT IMHO with Can Am's history for lack of reliability you won't find one in my shop , we have our own issues from the factory but believe ours is still a better choice.

also believe there isn't the "perfect " one built from any Mfg. they all have their built in problems .

·
Registered
166 Posts
as the saying goes .. the grass is always greener

BUT IMHO with Can Am's history for lack of reliability you won't find one in my shop , we have our own issues from the factory but believe ours is still a better choice.

also believe there isn't the "perfect " one built from any Mfg. they all have their built in problems .
I had a DS650X before I bought the XTZ and I loved that quad. Never had any issues with reliability and they are built like a tank. I'm interested to see what they are bringing to the utv market!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a DS650X before I bought the XTZ and I loved that quad. Never had any issues with reliability and they are built like a tank. I'm interested to see what they are bringing to the utv market!
I had a 2001 DS650 myself. And yup, it was the most "stout" reliable quad I ever had. That was the only quad I ever rode where I never even once felt I needed a back up plan (in case I broke down) when I went on long rides.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a 2001 DS650 myself. And yup, it was the most "stout" reliable quad I ever had. That was the only quad I ever rode where I never even once felt I needed a back up plan (in case I broke down) when I went on long rides.

the only "back up" plan you need with those is "how the hell do BACK UP with no reverse"!!! haha

(my buddy has one, and it doesnt have reverse, so hopefully none of them do so you dont think im an idiot) lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
the only "back up" plan you need with those is "how the hell do BACK UP with no reverse"!!! haha

(my buddy has one, and it doesnt have reverse, so hopefully none of them do so you dont think im an idiot) lol
You're right. They don't have reverse. That was a pain in the dunes. In the desert....not so much.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dont get too antzy and go buying the can-am sport side-by-side cause arctic cat has them made already. its 4 inches wider than a RZR and 6 inches longer. its gonna be a sport buggy just like the RZR S and with the 1000 motor its gonna ROLL!!!! dunno when they're gonna decide to unveil it, but it is there, its been built, and the race rep that i talked to said its stupid fast. i think they're trying to figure out how to make it safe since its so fast. i'm sire they're scared of people hurting themselves its so quick.

·
Registered
389 Posts
dont get too antzy and go buying the can-am sport side-by-side cause arctic cat has them made already. its 4 inches wider than a RZR and 6 inches longer. its gonna be a sport buggy just like the RZR S and with the 1000 motor its gonna ROLL!!!! dunno when they're gonna decide to unveil it, but it is there, its been built, and the race rep that i talked to said its stupid fast. i think they're trying to figure out how to make it safe since its so fast. i'm sire they're scared of people hurting themselves its so quick.
Adam why would it be so much faster then the XTZ? Weighs Less, clutch work, cdi? All?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The can am vtwin is a way better motor. And rumor has it 14 inches of wheel travel.
Mmmmmm maybe the Rotax is better. Some of the Rotax motors of the past have been great, but some have been "piss-poor" reliability wise (mainly the 2 stroke watercraft motors). I will say the 800 Rotax motor seems to make about the same power as the Kitty's 951.

·
Registered
271 Posts
rumor has it the arctic cat RZR S styled machine will have 12inches of travel.

i suppose its faster than the XTZ because of its smaller size and weight, plus i heard of two engine choices both with new CDI tuning to make them more performance oriented. the larger engine is the 1000cc T-cat motor and the other is a smaller 740cc V-twin thats supposed to be MEAN. just going on what was rumored. i know i told the arctic cat rep at the races this last weekend, that when they release it i want the first one and i want to have it going 100+ the day i get it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thaught the Can-Am was allready made also just not out yet?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts