Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have all my new tires and beadlock rims. I have the torque wrench to install the beadlocks, once the tires are 1/2 mounted.

Can I get the inside bead of the tires over the outside flange on the rims without specialized tire mounting equipment?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Have a block of wood that the center of the rim can sit on, that will keep the tire from pushing back up off the bead on the bottom, then just bolt on the bead lock. I did each wheel with just a hand ratchet in under 5 minutes each. Then go back and torque the beadlock bolts to the required torque.
My ITP BajaCrosses mounted real easy on the ITP Type 7 Beadlocks. The inner tire bead goes over the outer flange with some soapy water. Just used the block of wood and my hands to work it over, no need for pry bars or such.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My ITP BajaCrosses mounted real easy on the ITP Type 7 Beadlocks. The inner tire bead goes over the outer flange with some soapy water. Just used the block of wood and my hands to work it over, no need for pry bars or such.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Once again, Darryl, thank you.

I would think so. Just remove your valve stem core and air them up with a large valume air compresser.
Desertcat, thanks for the reply. What I really needed to know was whether I could get the tires onto the rim by hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts