Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A REASON I CAN'T PULL MY PROWLER BEHIND MY TRACTOR FROM FEILD TO FEILD MABEY 5 MILES AT AT A TIME MAX SPEED 18 MPH :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not ride the prowler.....? Is it broke??:confused:
i should have thought of that then i could walk back the 5 miles for the tractor .
(no seriously this would save me from having to have someone there to help move equipment from one area to the next.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
no seriously, next time elaborate....i can't see why not, if it's in neutral and front wheels off the ground(for it to keep straight). or use some type of rigid "tow bar" there shouldn't be any problems i would think.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Neutral and 2 wheel drive you should be fine. Around here they do atv, pickups, you name it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
why do you want the front tires off the ground? i have pulled 4 wheelers behind machinery countless miles with a rigid hitch. they follow great, even around corners.... cant imagine a prowler would tow differently??

·
Registered
157 Posts
WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A REASON I CAN'T PULL MY PROWLER BEHIND MY TRACTOR FROM FEILD TO FEILD MABEY 5 MILES AT AT A TIME MAX SPEED 18 MPH :rolleyes:
I made a telescoping hitch that fits in the front receiver and have pulled mine for two years with no trouble. I usually leave it run but I don't know if that is necessary. Clean the aircleaner more frequently, pretty dirty back there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi. i have a polaris ranger and am currently building/selling tow bars specifically for the utvs. came upon this idea for our own needs. more info on ebay member name michaelt661 or you can email me.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hello Farmboy

Thanks for asking this question as I too being an old farm boy (didn't need to elaborate with me as I knew exactly what you meant) I might just want to to do the same thing some time. gp

·
Registered
155 Posts
.....i should have thought of that then i could walk back the 5 miles for the tractor .

sorry i caught ya on a bad day, sheesh, ill just keep my trap shut and mind my own business !! :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts