Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me real quick what your XTZ idles at? Just put the motor back together and it wont idle.. think the throttle cable may have been stretched from moving it out of the way.. Thanks, Brandon

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just went out ans started a new one and it idled at around 1300 rpm. I didn't let it warm all the way up but it idled at that for about 30 seconds before I shut it off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thanks Chris.. got it running finally.. was a bad fouled plug.. I think I have been running on just the front cylinder for some time... I think I am in for a big surprise!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The crappy part was that I just put the motor back together and I put the bad plug in the front cylinder and it would not idle.. thought I had the cams timed wrong.. put the good one in the front and it sounds better and will idle.. Off to get new plugs!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Those spark plugs will get you every time it seems like. When ever I'm working on one i sometimes tend to forget to check the easy things.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Why would the plugs be fouling on these fairly new machines?

It seems as if a good tuner will be able to make some good gains just getting the AFR correct.

·
Registered
294 Posts
These v-twin engines have to be warmed up good. If the engine is started and run just briefly and then shut off never reaching operating temps the plugs foul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts