Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any companies that offer this?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
are there any companies that offer this?
I havent seen any, I have tilt on my 09 700 XTX and Im looking to trade for a fixed wheel. The factory tilt wheel really isnt that great. But I still love my Prowler.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What is involved with switching over to tilt steering? Is it a simple and cheap switchover? I was debating on whether I would want to do it on my '06 Prowler.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
What is involved with switching over to tilt steering? Is it a simple and cheap switchover? I was debating on whether I would want to do it on my '06 Prowler.
It looks like its not to bad of a job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure of any a/market sources. As for changing over from a 700XTX model, I think there are changes in the chassis. Can't be sure of that though. Anybody actually try this ?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Joe,

As long as it tilts a couple of inches I would be good with that. I put T.S.Aggressor buckets in my stock caged xtz and could use tilt. Was thinking of ordering the assy from Babbits.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Joe,

As long as it tilts a couple of inches I would be good with that. I put T.S.Aggressor buckets in my stock caged xtz and could use tilt. Was thinking of ordering the assy from Babbits.
Well I would say dont do it as a retired Ford tech, AC did a poor job trying to copy an early Ford tilt design and so they wouldnt get into trouble did a poor job of it (sorry Arctic Cat) Mine has been replaced once and it is terrible too much slop in the tilt and the coupler for the steering shaft it makes all kinds of noise driving down the trail and you can feel the banging in the steering wheel as you drive,I love my Prowler but I have to say I cant stand thr tilt wheel ,and my seats are higher than the stock seats too. Im getting ready to buy a non tilt assembly for mine. Just my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well if you still want to part with it later on let me know as I am always up for a redesign challenge...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts