Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wondered how long they were going to screw around bitching and moaning before they just pulled the damn thing out!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is the price of these machines, and the lack of advertising. We are an AC dealer in North Carolina and we actually have 2 XTZ's in stock. We normally keep one for demo and one for the showroom. Its a great machine though overall. It may not have some of the neat features of the Commander but we just got done winning the Redneck Nationals here in North Carolina at Busco Beach on one of our stock demo 1000's. The only competition was two Commanders and we SMOKED them in this competition! The Can Am does NOT have 85 HP, there is NO WAY! We drag raced both machines stock on a sanctioned 300 ft track with a pro tree and were side by side the whole track. The Commander driver (who is actually the local Can Am dealer) agreed!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I rode one at the trailfest in Hatfield McCoy and the guys there was trying to tell me how much meaner it was than a Arctic Cat 1000 so I asked them to let me on their little track and prove it. they declined I told my group I could whoop its ass in the woods. looks like its still gotta whoop a Rhino before it gets to me.

LOL, Ill keep my Cat!

·
Registered
109 Posts
You guys are too funny!!! I see some of you bleed green! Dont get me wrong I will eventually be buying a prowler. But mostly for the price. I can get new carry over 09 550s for about $5700 all day long. But in that video the guy driving I dont think had a clue what he was doin. And they were also tring to climb a slippery wet smooth rock that was fairly steep. And those bighorn tires just wont cut it. So dont be knockin it so hard.:D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Am I seeing things or was that staged? Looks like they backed the can am in the creek since the front tires didn't appear to be wet and then the guy kept the tires spinning just under the point of engagement for the visco lock. He never really give it any throttle.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Am I seeing things or was that staged? Looks like they backed the can am in the creek since the front tires didn't appear to be wet and then the guy kept the tires spinning just under the point of engagement for the visco lock. He never really give it any throttle.

Absolutely agree, the only tracks in front of the can am were from the bighorns and the rhino isn't running them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
the best part of the cantam is the winch :d
and apparently that doesnt work either.all i seen was two jack asses trying to operate some machinery that was over their heads.they coulda winched that thing out and been on their way to burning gas an hr ago!

·
Registered
56 Posts
INteresting

The manager at Ride Now on CaveCreek tried to tell me that the Can Am blew away the XTZ in several runs they did to compare.
Do ya think!??!:rolleyes:
Anyone here had a chance to ride with any of the Can Am's yet?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I offered for them to show me, they declined. I told them if they wanted to go first I would wear out the back bumper or if the wanted to follow I would leave tracks so they didnt get lost.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I offered for them to show me, they declined. I told them if they wanted to go first I would wear out the back bumper or if the wanted to follow I would leave tracks so they didnt get lost.
Ha Ha Ha that's pretty funny right there.:D I guess their scared to prove it. You cant keep talking trash about being the best if you get your butt spanked. I'm sure its a great machine but i've never believed that its as much faster than the cat as they say. I would love to see em lined up.:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
in a flat out drag race its about a toss up but if all I was going to do is drag race then I would stick with my 68 camaro. once a few guys install AIRDAMS dry clutch it will be game over for all challengers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts