Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the holiday week is over what did everyone tear up?

For me:

Wednesday - on the way home from work I hit a raccoon and it busted my front bumper on my 13 Dodge Dart.

Thursday - some p.o.s. pulled a hit and run on my car in the restraint parking lot.

Friday - Headlight is still out on my car from 2 weeks prior, and the dealer can't find the problem. Hits maybe why I couldn't see a raccoon at 11 at night.

Saturday - buggy ride yes. Buddy of mine got a lil toasted as most do. And decided I'm gonna have fun it's paid off. By the end of the night he had 2 blown tires one popped off the bead, other had a slice in the bead with 9 plugs and 4 in the sidewall for a total of 13 plugs in one tire. And it held air! Then he knocked out a headlight and bent his bumper when he slid off a hill into a tree. As me me. I'll probably be posting a thread later this week (Thursday/ Friday) because I think I messed up my left front lower fender while pulling him out of a mud hole. I seen it fold when I caught it on something. Bit it went back into place just seems loose.

Not a good week for me at all. I'm glad it's over but. It's not about me having fun it's about us being FREE as we can be.

So lets here it what did everyone else break?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Now that the holiday week is over what did everyone tear up?

For me:

Wednesday - on the way home from work I hit a raccoon and it busted my front bumper on my 13 Dodge Dart.

Thursday - some p.o.s. pulled a hit and run on my car in the restraint parking lot.

Friday - Headlight is still out on my car from 2 weeks prior, and the dealer can't find the problem. Hits maybe why I couldn't see a raccoon at 11 at night.

Saturday - buggy ride yes. Buddy of mine got a lil toasted as most do. And decided I'm gonna have fun it's paid off. By the end of the night he had 2 blown tires one popped off the bead, other had a slice in the bead with 9 plugs and 4 in the sidewall for a total of 13 plugs in one tire. And it held air! Then he knocked out a headlight and bent his bumper when he slid off a hill into a tree. As me me. I'll probably be posting a thread later this week (Thursday/ Friday) because I think I messed up my left front lower fender while pulling him out of a mud hole. I seen it fold when I caught it on something. Bit it went back into place just seems loose.

Not a good week for me at all. I'm glad it's over but. It's not about me having fun it's about us being FREE as we can be.

So lets here it what did everyone else break?
As for me I stayed out of trouble,I was 944 miles away,kinda of a boring week but had to do the family thing,The best part about it was that I only got two small rock chips on the bumper cover of my new car.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
We failed to break anything, but not for a lack of trying! Enjoyed trail riding over the long week end, but switched to secondary roads when the trails got busy! Getting ready for next week!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Lets see. My anniversary was Friday 22 years married. we broke bread (pizza) and had a bottle of red wine, Saturday I split a cord of wood and Sunday the wife stacked it. The wild cat made it to the store and back for beer. We put on about 2 miles.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Cant break anything when the prowler is on the trailer.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Went to my daughters for a fish fry on the 4th, she lives in the next town north of us only 12 miles but can't legally drive the prowler there so just rode around town with mine didn't break anything. Finally finish staining my deck yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
the whole weekend for me went great ,but on the way home ,I blew a head gasket in the car 2013 cruze spent all day today fighting with the dealer,,hit the buy now button there and came home with a new car:rolleyes::eek::mad:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
the whole weekend for me went great ,but on the way home ,I blew a head gasket in the car 2013 cruze spent all day today fighting with the dealer,,hit the buy now button there and came home with a new car:rolleyes::eek::mad:
When I bought mine in march,I looked around and I didn't see a buy now button.:DThey just gave me a ink pen.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
no carnage for a change , but did try to hurt the rig a couple days before the fourth already posted on that ride. fourth on didn't do much .. went to our local asphalt race track and watched the races wednesday and saturday [huge crowd wednesday as they did fireworks] .. had company again on Sunday, only one beer [still on coumadin ] have to follow close to marching orders :)
pretty boring overall

·
Registered
414 Posts
Fortunately, I didn't break anything. I did overheat the machine once. My brother and I had hit some pretty deep mud bogs and apparently I didn't get my radiator fins cleaned out well enough before we went for our evening ride (unfortunately, you can only get so much water pressure from a plastic water bottle with a hole cut in the lid to use as a spray bottle to clean things out). First grade we hit, I watched my temp gauge climb from 180 to 205 so I immediately shut the machine down. Luckily we were by a creek so we flushed it out even more and it worked fine. Beautiful thing, being able to watch your vehicles vitals. :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Fortunately, I didn't break anything. I did overheat the machine once. My brother and I had hit some pretty deep mud bogs and apparently I didn't get my radiator fins cleaned out well enough before we went for our evening ride (unfortunately, you can only get so much water pressure from a plastic water bottle with a hole cut in the lid to use as a spray bottle to clean things out). First grade we hit, I watched my temp gauge climb from 180 to 205 so I immediately shut the machine down. Luckily we were by a creek so we flushed it out even more and it worked fine. Beautiful thing, being able to watch your vehicles vitals. :)
Yep without that gauge you would have boiled it over.:(

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Indeed it is! Saves on major expenses if caught in time! I started to carry a hand lawn sprayer when we hit the boonies! Holds about 2-3 gallons and the pressure is enough to clean the fins on the radiator and oil cooler. I used it when I was drag racing to cool down between rounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts