Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2005 V-Twin LE (red): bored/stroked to a 700, custom grind cams, K&N filter, 2.5" lift, 29.5" Laws and 1.5 wheels spacers/adaptors, HMF exhaust, Dynojet, slides drilled, racked radiator, Viper Winch, DynaTek CDI, gel grips, almond primary, yellow secondary, "cup" holder :D

2005 650 V-Twin (lime): snorkeled, 2.5" lift, Warn winch, "cup" holder, red secondary, factory wheels/tires, rear bumper FOR SALE! $3450

2004 400 Auto IRS LE (green): snorkeled, oil cooler racked, Gorilla axles on rear, 27" laws, gel grips, Warn Winch, (have a lift but need to bolt it on), custom made airbox lid--------481 miles! FOR SALE $3100

2006 Prowler 650 H1 (red): snorkeled, jetted, muffler mod, 2.5" lift, 30" zillas, front brushguard, rear bumper (not installed), hard top, 1/2 windshield, 3000# Winch, rear seat from a CJ Jeep, stereo (not installed), GT Grant steering wheel (not installed)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Pretty COOL!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great pictures, thank you for sharing with us. What kind of muffler is on the Prowler?
I modded the stock muffler: Cut the end off flush with the welds that held the original end cap on.

I then drilled 8 or so 1/2" holes in the baffle plate. I cut a 4" piece of exhaust pipe down the weld seam, and beat it flat with a rubber mallet. I used this as a new end cap. Welded it on, cut off the excess, and ground it around the weld seam.

I then drilled a hole in the end of the cap, welded me a piece of exhaust pipe to it for a tip. I have yet to sand and paint it as I wanted to see if there were more changes that needed to be made. It sounds good for an hour or so of labor and misc materials that were FREE.

It has a deeper tone to it. As you you can see, I like AC. My buddies were over and they have Rhino's and RZR's. They liked it A LOT. They wanted to "do" theirs. I guess we will put their mufflers on the "chop block" next.

I read about this mods on highlifter and arcticchat.com and it is as good as everyone made it out to be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most importantly, Thank you all for the compliments! I try to enjoy riding as often as I can!

So far, I have "converted" my bride who is from the city and wouldn't drive on a dirt road when we first met. Now, she is out there playin in the water and makin ruts in the mud!

I started my daughter out on 4 wheelers at 6 months old. As you can see, she already has a seat on the Prowler! She also has three 4 wheelers of her own (all battery powered).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts