Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

CDI Boxes

9K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  prowlerbob 
#1 ·
What kind of aftermarket CDI boxes is everyone using??

#7 ·
So, anybody with a stock CDI, I have an experiment for you. I thought I read somewhere that as you hit the rev limiter you can push the reverse override button to go past it.
Anybody ever try this before? I dont have a stock CDI in mine. I was wondering if this worked.

#10 ·
Did not get a chance to check it out this evening but I will in the morning. From what I read about the one from Hunter works, it improves starting, eliminates the need for override in reverse, gives you another 1k in RPM's. In your opinion was it a good investment?

#14 ·
ok the results are in. Just took my prowler for a test ride. Running full out as approched the rev limiter I hit the reverse override button. And nothing happened. It may of not worked because my reverse override button has a mind of it's own.

#15 ·
I have the dynatech from Hunterworks. It runs a lot better in my opinion. Much snappier, better hot starting, no reverse limiter and have hit 57mph on my gps on a long stretch.

p.s. The reverse override trick don't work....tried it before and no worky!

#21 ·
I wish they made something for the XTZ 1000. The wires are junk and it seems as though there are built into the coil as one piece. I would like something that has better quality wires with shielding etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.