Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..new to site and love it..I think I have a cdi problem and thought ya'll would know if I was headed down the right path.. Out runnin for awhile and the cat starts to back fire thhen stalls...let it cool and check fuse box.Tighten all fuses and relays....no go....cool off more and start runs good for 10/15 min and starts all over...CDI ???
Thanx:confused:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hello everyone..new to site and love it..I think I have a cdi problem and thought ya'll would know if I was headed down the right path.. Out runnin for awhile and the cat starts to back fire thhen stalls...let it cool and check fuse box.Tighten all fuses and relays....no go....cool off more and start runs good for 10/15 min and starts all over...CDI ???
The first thing I would check is the coil, Take an ohm meter when you cat stalls anh take a reading

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx....will do....down loaded service manual that I believe has specs...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Welcome to the site, sorry to hear about your problem.. I have not ran into anything like this yet. It sounds like something heat related, CDI, coil, plug/wire. Something is possibly opening up once it gets hot.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanx...I checked the coil...little out of range...ordred new one with plug and wire...hope it solves it..I am also installing the new 350# springs. Was told that lift kit would not do much for rear sag problem...also reinstalled stock rims and tires . Machine came with ITP rims and 1.5 inch spacers, Terra Cross R/T 26x11 R 14 tires...Kept bottoming out in new river, Table mesa terrain..that helped a little. Can't wait to get back out there....maybe we'll see ya out there..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thanx...I checked the coil...little out of range...ordred new one with plug and wire...hope it solves it..I am also installing the new 350# springs. Was told that lift kit would not do much for rear sag problem...also reinstalled stock rims and tires . Machine came with ITP rims and 1.5 inch spacers, Terra Cross R/T 26x11 R 14 tires...Kept bottoming out in new river, Table mesa terrain..that helped a little. Can't wait to get back out there....maybe we'll see ya out there..
Dont forget to check the other ignition electronic to to be safe.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

I Purchased a 2" lift from extreme products. Only installed the rear which acts as leveling kit. So with kids and cooler I have 12.5-13" of ground clearance in the back.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I put the heavier springs on my XTZ and couldnt tell any difference in the ride. I think Mike at Prestige is doing a good job with the springs to fix the rear sag.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...I have a new cdi, new coil w/ wire, new boot, new fuel line w/ clear filter, heat rapped the exhaust, repaired the wire harness near the exhaust outlet attached to the rail(tape was baked), replaced the spark arrestor( the old one was drilled out and a tailpipe welded to it ????)new spark plug,completly disassembled wire harness to the fuse blocked and chased the problem to the mag pick up wires entering the engin case....
Who new???
Will be opening the case manana...wires have oil all over them coming out of case.(pull back the outer insulation)

Let ya know what I find...
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No....Wire harness going into engin case has cdi connector and alternator connector(stator)...what do the cdi lines going into the engin case do.....(magnito coil?) (pick up?)...help...The wires are shorting or opening when I move them..do I need to open the case and replace them???

Thanx, Matt

·
Registered
583 Posts
No....Wire harness going into engin case has cdi connector and alternator connector(stator)...what do the cdi lines going into the engin case do.....(magnito coil?) (pick up?)...help...The wires are shorting or opening when I move them..do I need to open the case and replace them???

Thanx, Matt
Are you talking about the wires that come out just to the left of the starter? They have like a cloth or mesh cover on them, mine are coated with oil too. Did you fix the problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts