Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I used goo be gone and some patience. FYI if you get sick of it or mess it up you can buy a new one for around $60.00.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Removing mine was the most time spent for the least result in my recent memory. I used a heat gun (was not much help), my fingernails, and 3M General Purpose adhesive remover. I did get it all off without scratching, but I can't say that I'd want to do it again. I think buying a new console, sans sticker, would be my preferrence in the future.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
After peeling for an hour I just about gave up. But mine is covered with padding for armrests now... all hidden.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Solvo-plast is what I used for removing stickers when I worked in a signage department. It is a liquid solution used to remove the glue left from bandages in the health care industry but does not harm plastic or plexi-glass.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
available where ??

also available in gallons ?? with all these damn stickers we'll need it :( Oh PC world protect me from myself geeeeeeeeeees

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
thanks Alf ill check it out.

Darryl are using a purchased armrest or one you fabbed up? Any pics?
I used dense, closed cell foam that kayakers use to fit their boat seats to them. It's angle cut and I just glued it to the console to give me something to rest my arm on now and then. I'll see if I can get a photo this weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sticker abortion

Instead of spending all that time on "heat and peel" why not just cover up the darned things? My personal favorite hide all is the chrome plated naked ladies you see on truck mudflaps. They are available at any truck stop and also online. They add a bit of bling to the interior plus they are somewhat sexy in a metallic sort of way. (I think I'm in love).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts