Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often does everybody change there front and rear diff fluid.i have 1440 miles and it still looks very clean.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
how often does everybody change there front and rear diff fluid.i have 1440 miles and it still looks very clean.
Ive change mine 2 times in 3700 miles but with amsoil diff oil I will go longer. I think the manual says 2000 miles but Im not sure. Im sure someone can let us know if thats correct.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i change mine it will be with amsoil,just my choice.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good man! Good oil. Just my 2 cents it will reduce the diff temperatures too!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Which Amsoil fluid are you running? I need to renew my Amsoil membership to receive the discount again.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
80/90 Amsoil Gear lube.Product Code: FGRQT-EA

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I change mine a couple times a year.
I have had royal purple in it but no longer put good oil in because I run a bit of water and mud.
So I just put in dino oil and change it after a hard dirty ride, Just to be on the safe side.

It has been clean but it don't take much oil so I just drop it to check for contamination and put in new.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Reason for why I do it is because I used to mud drag a race truck and my vent line broke I did not notice until my dana 60 siezd and I twisted the drive line in 2.
Turned out the oil passage to the pinion was plugged with silt.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
great show riddler28 i take it you were down to 2-wheel drive,i got three buddys thats into that.i was wondering where does you prowler take on mud and water at the diff.i did away with the factory vent tubes and went with gates 1/4 green lable hose and used hose clamps,lot more durable than factory.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
great show riddler28 i take it you were down to 2-wheel drive,i got three buddys thats into that.i was wondering where does you prowler take on mud and water at the diff.i did away with the factory vent tubes and went with gates 1/4 green lable hose and used hose clamps,lot more durable than factory.
The Prowler has not taken on water but I am not saying it won't.... Now I just play it safe...
When I ride in the nasty's I will drain it and give it some fresh Love.

My race truck never did until the vent line broke and let the mud in.

Did not ruin the weekend just did not get on the podium due to 2x4 and the tow costs 60sec added to total time.

My old xtz I re plumbed all the diff's and added extra bellows and bi-polar mod.
The 2011 xtz is stock and have not had a issue at all with the diff's and just @ 800miles.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm the same as Riddler, I change mine after muddy, wet rides (sometimes really wet haha) it's a little piece of mind to change the diff fluid and it's pretty cheap to do. They don't take a lot of fluid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts