Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally made my way to china wall on saturday to see how the cat 1000 would do and all I can say is that I love my 1000 it made china wall so easy it was a joke! I am so happy with my setup I cant even believe how much power it puts out. I had a rhino last year for 2 trips and tore it down to go streetbike motor, well that did not get finished in time to make dune season and I realized that so I decided to buy the prowler 1000 and thought it would be enough to hold me over until I finished the Rhino but man this cat has gone so far past my expectations I am so impressed. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve and it will just continue to bring more and more.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Lets see if he spills the beans????

If you see his ride you will notice a few changes right away, if he is sitting still. If he is moving you have to wait for him to stop again, you wont catch him.

He has these two meadium size air cleaners that stick up between the seats??? I also noticed that his engine is very clean, It a fresh motor basically.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Those 1000's are down right impressive. Glad to see people pushing there toy's. You would be surprised what these thing can do when you really get on it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets see if he spills the beans????

If you see his ride you will notice a few changes right away, if he is sitting still. If he is moving you have to wait for him to stop again, you wont catch him.

He has these two meadium size air cleaners that stick up between the seats??? I also noticed that his engine is very clean, It a fresh motor basically.
Thanks for all the respect I hope that soon we can ride side by side. I will continue to test new things as I have quit a few things up my sleeve and as soon as I find something that works well you know I will spill the beans I really enjoy tinkering and finding what will bring the best out of these toys.

As for my current setup I am running the stage 1 and 2 clutch mods from Airdam. I am listing this because I believe this is the biggest gain you will see from your machine, if you plan to improve your machine from stock there is no bigger single mod you will do and none of the other mods will make as big of a difference without the clutch work done. As for the other mods I have the full Muzzy exhaust and PC-V Powercommander with auto tune set at 12.8 afr. I also have converted my Cat 1000 to run dual stock 1000 tb's with uni pod filters on top of each. ( I have had many people ask about the dual tb's setup and all I can say is yes I believe it works but until you do all of the other stuff dont even consider it as it takes alot of custom work to make it possible and if you want your machine to look stock and have the comfort and convienes of a stock like ride this is not for you.) There is plenty of power increase availible without this change in my opinion.

As for tires I am currently running the Douglas Doonz setup on rockstar rims.

If you need any more info on my setup do a bit of searching and you will find I have talked alot about the work I have done and broken down each mod seperately in some threads.

If any of you ever want to meet up I go to glamis about every 2-3 weeks and would love to meet up with any of you. I have a setup that works for me but I am always open to new suggestions and have recieved great input from others like sandchris and this is great for everyone, my goal is not to be the fastest ever but just have a reliable fun machine and if I can help you have the same then great but if you can help me also that is terrific.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts