Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site and this is my first post!

I took my new 2010 XTX 700 out for the first time today and I noticed a chirping sound coming from the left front. I took a look and couldn't see any debris that I cloud have picked up.

Any suggestions before I load it up and drive 40 miles back to the dealer?

:confused:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'm new to the site and this is my first post!

I took my new 2010 XTX 700 out for the first time today and I noticed a chirping sound coming from the left front. I took a look and couldn't see any debris that I cloud have picked up.

Any suggestions before I load it up and drive 40 miles back to the dealer?

:confused:
Does it do it when you turn or going straight?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Straight. It almost sounds like a wheel baring or u-joint. It is originating from the front left tire / axle.
I would take it back to the dealer and have them check the wheel bearing and inner CV joint. also make sure the lug nuts are tight 40ftlbs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK took it to the dealer and was told by the service tech. that it was the breaks and that the sound would go away after they were broken in.

I find it odd that the sound is generated as the vehicle is in motion and not applying the breaks.

Day 1 back from the dealer - still making chirping noise.

Any other ideas from the realm of Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Try this, the next time it does it apply a little brake pressure and see if the noise stops. If it does stop then you have probably found that it is the pads that are making the noise. It still could be something else like a wheel bearing or cv that is making the noise but my bet if it goes away when you apply slight brake pressure is the rotor is not perfectly true.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I have put my first 100 miles on the new arctic cat prowler 700 xtx and the thing sounds like a tank squeeking and chirping anytime it is moving. The brakes squeek really bad, but it's not only the brakes. The chirp in the front and now the rear is occurring, and the suspension squeeks in the rear anytime it is compressed.

I haven't mistreated the machine, I have only taken it on Mountain top mine sites and a well traveled gas well road.

I'm getting ready to take it in for the first 100 mile service, any advice on what to tell the service rep.

Starting to get a real bad case of buyers remorse.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The suspension squeaks are from the bushings being dry. Need to grease them up or have the dealer do it under warranty.
OK, I have put my first 100 miles on the new arctic cat prowler 700 xtx and the thing sounds like a tank squeeking and chirping anytime it is moving. The brakes squeek really bad, but it's not only the brakes. The chirp in the front and now the rear is occurring, and the suspension squeeks in the rear anytime it is compressed.

I haven't mistreated the machine, I have only taken it on Mountain top mine sites and a well traveled gas well road.

I'm getting ready to take it in for the first 100 mile service, any advice on what to tell the service rep.

Starting to get a real bad case of buyers remorse.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts