Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the ride out for the first time this year and I cant believe the ammount of dirt that swirls back into the cab. I have a full front windshield with vents on the bottom and nothing in the rear. I have a rear enclosure but the window is really small and I cant see behind me. any suggestions on how to keep the dirt to a minimum or anyone know of a rear window setup that has a large viewing area? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The roll up rear window works but I think there are getting hard to find for the older ones. The other thing that helps is putting something between the bed and the cab, some have used a blanket or a swim noodle.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
definetly the rear window will do the trick!!!:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
is the rear enclosure you have now one that covers the whole opening in the back ?

if yes there isn't much else you can short of full enclosure ... read in HOT HOT HOT in summer ..

as said above the "swim noodles" to fill any voids in back will help but kinda a PIA to keep in place IMHO .. especially if you use a pressure washer on it after rides.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Several members have installed the 2010 XTX Dust panels behind the seats, on mine it reduced the dust greatly! I also had the factory windshield, but the vents left a lot to be desired. Went to a custom windshield to break up the suction effect. Very little dust enters the cab now, and I don't have a back panel above the seats.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Saw dust/noise panel on ebay complete for 125.00, not a bad price.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
also do yourself a favor, fill in your signature and location ... helps us by not having to wonder what you have rig wise, and then not to have to answer a question with a question ... so advise as to a cure/fix for your specific rig

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Gary, did your Prowler come stock with the dust shield behind the seats? 2009 700's did not, but thought I saw it on a 2009 1000.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Gary, did your Prowler come stock with the dust shield behind the seats? 2009 700's did not, but thought I saw it on a 2009 1000.
yes .. I keep forgetting the 700's didn't have that ...

sorry so long to reply, using another 'puter as my Mac finally went in for some PM service [after 6 years the cooling fans were intermittent screaming at me] .. Mac laptop v/s desk PC with microcrap and AOL not fun to use LOL

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
They leave a lot to be desired for sure!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Never regretted that project!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have lowered the seats and roll cage on my 06 650 xt h1 and dust is a major problem. Just have a half window in front.
Could you post a picture of the dust shield? This sounds like the hot ticket item

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I have pictures of it in my album, also I thing on the project section several members have posted pictures. Ebay had one for sale last week at 125.00 complete, not a bad price.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have lowered the seats and roll cage on my 06 650 xt h1 and dust is a major problem. Just have a half window in front.
Could you post a picture of the dust shield? This sounds like the hot ticket item
I had to do a little modifications on my 2006 to use the 2010 dust shield but it was well worth it,I also have a factory back a/c window that really made a big difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found some foam insulation from the hood of a semi truck, cut to fit and bolted it to the front edge of the bed so that with the bed down it is sandwiched between the bed and the seats creating a pretty good seal. helps with the noise also.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Innovation works wonders!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i found some foam insulation from the hood of a semi truck, cut to fit and bolted it to the front edge of the bed so that with the bed down it is sandwiched between the bed and the seats creating a pretty good seal. Helps with the noise also.
i bet that does help..................the factory 2010 dust shield has some insulation on it also.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts