Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. thinking about traiding my rig in for a new 700.....has anyone cut these new cages yet cause i cant get the stock hight into my gararge????

·
Registered
412 Posts
I can't speak from experience but a buddy of mine dropped his and said it was easier than his 650. Only catch was because of the design of the mounting locations he ended up just through-bolting the cage to the mount! Just curious why are you wanting to trade for a 700? Power? EFI? Cause you got one heck of a nice machine!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thats the same thing i was thinking,must be time to up grade..............:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
TRAITORS!!! SKALLEY-WAGS!!! BANDWAGON JUMPERS!!! lol... Just do what I did and buy a big bore kit! Ta-Daa!! You now have a new 700 for only $200! lol

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just time to upgrade..its got almost 4000 miles on it..would like efi and more power time for a change

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
time for change

nothing wrong with that,iam glad your sticking with the cat.....................:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I hear ya... Man 4k is a lot of miles. You've definetely used yours. Good luck with the 700. I love the idea of not having to fool with a carb. Have you test drove one? I've always wondered if there's a really noticeable difference in power?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did test drive the new hdx...it had quite a bit more power...but if i do this im going to go with the xtx im going to find a 2012 because i want the orange in 13 they dont have it available...my biggest concerne is cutting the cage down so i can put in in my gararge.....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
xtx

i dont think there is very many aftermarket parts yet for the hdx :(

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i pulled the trigger yesterday on a new prowler....should see it an about a month after shooting myself in the foot by buying a rzr s....had it for a couple months only to find that i hated it......atleast i can say been there done that....didnt like it i want my cat back!! i found an 012 xtx w/power sreering in orange just like i should have done in the 1st place....still looking for info for chopping the cage:eek:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
well i pulled the trigger yesterday on a new prowler....should see it an about a month after shooting myself in the foot by buying a rzr s....had it for a couple months only to find that i hated it......atleast i can say been there done that....didnt like it i want my cat back!! i found an 012 xtx w/power sreering in orange just like i should have done in the 1st place....still looking for info for chopping the cage:eek:

What did you hate about your RZR? Seem like they would be nice machines. And why not go for the 1000 over the 700?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the rzr was a nice machine, just not for me..cab is to small,no leg room, i dont like the 4x4 system ,no dif lock ,no engine break....other than that it ran great! fast handled great....just not my riding style i like the way you sit up in the cat,the rzr you sit down in;) i didnt go after the 1000 because i just dont need the power my other prowler was a 650 carb ..the 700 efi runs smoother and has more power:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
the rzr was a nice machine, just not for me..cab is to small,no leg room, i dont like the 4x4 system ,no dif lock ,no engine break....other than that it ran great! fast handled great....just not my riding style i like the way you sit up in the cat,the rzr you sit down in;) i didnt go after the 1000 because i just dont need the power my other prowler was a 650 carb ..the 700 efi runs smoother and has more power:D
Thats mice to hear

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
well i pulled the trigger yesterday on a new prowler....should see it an about a month after shooting myself in the foot by buying a rzr s....had it for a couple months only to find that i hated it......atleast i can say been there done that....didnt like it i want my cat back!! i found an 012 xtx w/power sreering in orange just like i should have done in the 1st place....still looking for info for chopping the cage:eek:[/quo is your new prowler taller than your old one.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
how does the 4-wheel drive system work on the rzr-s,I thought they had a diff lock.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no no difflock,it all wheel drive and when it sences the rear wheels slipping .it kicks in when it feels the rear wheels spin 3/4 of a turn. they claim they dont need a difflock,i think its crap when your in the snow you can feel it pulling from one side to the other constantly.for some guys ,they like it i hated it....dont get me wrong... nice machine just not for me ive gottin used to the cat over the years

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got my dealer to send me a picture of the new buggy

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts