Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, What's up? I just bought a 2008 AC Prowler, and I took it for a ride to check it out. I went to Climb a relatively easy sand dune, and was locked in 4 wheel when I started up the hill, it stopped and I got a hell of a BRRRRR! I thought that maybe I was in between gears so I backed up and tried again, and again I got one hellofa BRRRR! so I gave up and drove home over some small hilly stuff without the grinding! Is it possibly due to a worn out belt.....or.....? I'm familiar with Polaris, but NOT arctic cats!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Welcome to the house , please fill in signature and locations.. it will help sometime when you have other questions with less back and forth re what ya have bla bla bla

so what model did you get , how steep was the dune , in low range or high range , how many miles on the clock .. need more info .. so what is a BRRRRR better definition please. a vibration .. a grinding .. gear noise .. ?????

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a gear grinding. I have had a time or 2 just riding around where I have switched from low to high and took off after I felt it shift and it began to grind just as if it didn't make the complete change.

I learned quickly to blurp the throttle after each gear change to ensure that it was engaged in the correct range.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hey, What's up? I just bought a 2008 AC Prowler, and I took it for a ride to check it out. I went to Climb a relatively easy sand dune, and was locked in 4 wheel when I started up the hill, it stopped and I got a hell of a BRRRRR! I thought that maybe I was in between gears so I backed up and tried again, and again I got one hellofa BRRRR! so I gave up and drove home over some small hilly stuff without the grinding! Is it possibly due to a worn out belt.....or.....? I'm familiar with Polaris, but NOT arctic cats!
Welcome to the best prowler great members and a lot of good info.did it make that noise when you went to take off or was you already moving.........

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Welcome to the site, what model Prowler do you have? The 2008 700 XTX has the turf saver rear end, could be the clutch pack is starting to fail, or in the clutch area, belt, etc. From what you described it only does it under a heavy load?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the best prowler great members and a lot of good info.did it make that noise when you went to take off or was you already moving.........
I my self have actually been moving at 15 mph and it started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts