Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been hearing a weird clicking noise coming from somewhere in the rear of my 08 xtx. It seems to do it when i start taking off in gear (mainly low). it does it the most when i get the low speed "jumpy" starts. it clicks when i first start to move and again when i let off the gas. I put grease on everythng and it still does it. that bar that goes from on rear wheel to the other (stabilizer bar??) is kinda loose (i can move it with my hand) and i think the 2 bushings at the back of the bike are worn out. could this be the noise???

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
if it's the sway bar your moving [don't know as I don't have that model] it's got "play" in it
by design .. it sits between rubber bushings and will force the unloaded tire down .. a form of roll control no different than what's in most trucks

now if the bushings show wear or chewed up or real hard [weathered] then go ahead and replace them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would think that sway bar bushings would make noise when moving & coincide with trail anomalies. If you only hear this noise when taking off or deceleration I would be looking for things drive line related. The drive line brake has been known to make lots of strange noises. Also check drive shafts & engine mounts.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It does have the turf saver and they have been known buy some to make noise. It could also be possible that it is your brake pads moving inside the caliper, but I really don't know as I have not really heard that sound.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you saying that MY 08 xtx has the turf saver??? I bought this used so i dont know if it does or not. I didnt think it did

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clicking noise

I also have a 08 XTX. The XTX was the only machine to get the 700 H1 in 08, the only one to have tilt wheel and the only one to have a turf saver diff. Also the XTX was the only machine with the painted plastics. I have heard this noise also on mine. It is just as you described it. The noise is comming from the rear diff. I don't know why it makes the clicking noise but they do. I drove a 09 XTX and it sounded the same. Hope this helps

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also have a 08 XTX. The XTX was the only machine to get the 700 H1 in 08, the only one to have tilt wheel and the only one to have a turf saver diff. Also the XTX was the only machine with the painted plastics. I have heard this noise also on mine. It is just as you described it. The noise is comming from the rear diff. I don't know why it makes the clicking noise but they do. I drove a 09 XTX and it sounded the same. Hope this helps

Thank god. I was afraid that i had broken something. I actually took the floor and everything out of it today to inspect the motor mounts and what not and found that the steel coolant line that runs down the passenger side was flopping around. turns out the bolt that holds the bracket had sheared off. was thinking that was the noise i was hearing.. I re mounted it but havent tried it out yet. guess its just a noise that i have to deal with. OH well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts