Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
while i am waiting on parts to rebuild my trany i whant to set my clutch to b 2 is it hard to take apart to do this do i have to conpres the spring some how to do this

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think Adam (Airdam) has some videos on it. However, be careful. I think I read on another forum where clocking can cause added stress on certain parts and cause them to wear out a lot faster. So you might do a google search to read more about the pros and cons, or just PM Airdam or Papa Slap. I think I read the information on the Highlifter forum.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think Adam (Airdam) has some videos on it. However, be careful. I think I read on another forum where clocking can cause addes stress on certain parts and cause them to wear out a lot faster. So you might do a google search to read more about the pros and cons, or just PM Airdam or Papa Slap. I think I read the information on the Highlifter forum.
shane I have heard the same thing,alot of guys fool around clocking them an end up going back to stock setting.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I liked having mine clocked to B-2 as well as lighting the rollers
you had a xtz didnt you,how much lighter did you go on your rollers compared to stock,also what made those xtz cases crack.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The xtz I did not play with clocking

the 650 I did quite a bit and think there is a sticky in the faq with all the info I found.

half blue and red rollers so dropped 3grams off of every other roller.
This allowed me to rev higher and also helped with back shift as not as much resistance to fight the spring.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The weak spot on the cases of the xtz is because of the trans and bevel gears pushing away from each other splitting the case.

Those things are torque MONSTERS and will break stuff easily.

Mine and most that I have heard of was from backing with a load causing to push the case apart as the bevel gears pushed the throughput shaft through the bottom of the engine case.

I was backing up in the mud with a meat trailer full of gas and camping gear for moose season.

The engine kept on chugging lost all the oil and seized 3 times getting back out of the woods but I would let it cool and re-fire and go again. I left the valve cover off and would dump oil in when she really started to make noise.
The oil would just drain right out as fast as u put it in.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The weak spot on the cases of the xtz is because of the trans and bevel gears pushing away from each other splitting the case.

Those things are torque MONSTERS and will break stuff easily.

Mine and most that I have heard of was from backing with a load causing to push the case apart as the bevel gears pushed the throughput shaft through the bottom of the engine case.

I was backing up in the mud with a meat trailer full of gas and camping gear for moose season.

The engine kept on chugging lost all the oil and seized 3 times getting back out of the woods but I would let it cool and re-fire and go again. I left the valve cover off and would dump oil in when she really started to make noise.
The oil would just drain right out as fast as u put it in.
Just curious. You said AC switched to 3 different engines. What did they do on the last one to fix this issue?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is webbing cast into the bottom case half, to increase the structural strength.

Also I believe they tightened up their quality control on the casting, as their was some issues there as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts