Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking my rollers and belt may be going bad. Belt squeals on take off and lot's of seat vibration. Been getting worse each ride. Only 2700 miles. Anyone had this or a similar issue? I think I have rollers from a 700 for the track kit that may or may not work. If I'm in there I want to install a new belt for sure. Any help or pointers would be appreciated....TIA
2010 XTZ 1000

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
a lot of low speed or high torque at load speed will prematurely wear the belt .. if going slow for a long suggest using low gear
that may not be your issue but worth the heads up anyway.

rollers don't usually wear quickly unless there is another issue might just be the belt .. how much dust you been riding in this summer ?

just fyi's .... my belt came out at 5000+ miles and is now a spare as it really didn't need to come out yet but was doing PM servicing and decided what the hell while in there bla bla bla

Reactions: catman2

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Welcome back Butch! I'd suspect the belt due to the squealing. Rollers may be flat spotted, but they will slide instead of rolling. I'd go with either a factory belt, or the EPI extreme duty, I've had great luck with both!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
What do you think, while he's that far in should he get rid of the one-way bearing? I haven't done that to mine yet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome back! Got a job back in February that took up waaaaay to much of my time. Got rid of that SOB!
We ride a lot of dust! This problem has been going on for a while and getting worse. Almost like a chatter and huge vibration in the seats. Now in the steering to!!! I can feel it through the entire machine, like I'm on a washboard. Was thinking U-joint on the drive shafts but unlikely.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI ...........The belt squeal does go away in low range!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you think, while he's that far in should he get rid of the one-way bearing? I haven't done that to mine yet.
One-way bearing?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
One-way bearing?
It's for engine braking. Someone on here might be able to give you more details but if I remember right Arctic Cat put out a notice saying the one-way bearing could fail in rigs that do a lot of plowing, pulling heavy loads, and use tracks.

This calls it the one-way clutch.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
AC issued a notice regarding the oneway bearing, and when it should be removed. Pulling heavy loads, plowing, and any other use that loads the machine. You lose engine braking below 10 miles an hour, but other than that it is good to go! Less noise on the driveline! If you are replacing the belt, removing the inner cover is not that hard to do, and the oneway justs sits on the clutch hub.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AC issued a notice regarding the oneway bearing, and when it should be removed. Pulling heavy loads, plowing, and any other use that loads the machine. You lose engine braking below 10 miles an hour, but other than that it is good to go! Less noise on the driveline! If you are replacing the belt, removing the inner cover is not that hard to do, and the oneway justs sits on the clutch hub.
Or I bet running tracks would fall into the removal category. Hope to get time to check her out this afternoon! Thanks to all for the information!

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I'd agree with that one! Heading to the Dells next week!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I dug in to it a little deeper and found my u-joint is real bad on the rear drive shaft. Looking at the manual it calls for a separator tool to pull it apart? Need to get her up higher so I can pull the bottom pan off and take a better look. Any pointers for removal? Kind of looking like a complete shaft assembly is the ticket but 250.00!!! TIA

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Should be 4 bolts on each flange. Come out as a complete assembly. Looks like c-clips hold the u joint in the shaft. I'd see if your driveshaft place has a u joint with grease fittings. Someone must offer them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: Sockman

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I looked up the parts for mine, the two rear u-joints have different part numbers. The one on the diff side is the same as yours but the engine side has a different number.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked up the parts for mine, the two rear u-joints have different part numbers. The one on the diff side is the same as yours but the engine side has a different number.
I saw a "new" rear shaft assembly for a 650 on eBay for about 70 bucks. It only fits the 650 H1 so one of you guy's with that model should consider grabbing it!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I saw a "new" rear shaft assembly for a 650 on eBay for about 70 bucks. It only fits the 650 H1 so one of you guy's with that model should consider grabbing it!
That's crazy cheap. I'm kinda in your boat, the HDX complete rear driveshaft assy, including the yokes and all that bidness, is around $250.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I did a search and couldn't find it, I'll have to try again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 30 Posts