Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Prowler with a PCP 700 kit, upgraded cam, carb and clutch kit, the cat has great low torque and can climb like a goat. Has anyone experimented with different clutch belt sizes to increase the top end speed of their cat?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have an 06 Prowler with a PCP 700 kit, upgraded cam, carb and clutch kit, the cat has great low torque and can climb like a goat. Has anyone experimented with different clutch belt sizes to increase the top end speed of their cat?
Welcome aboard. Give Airdam (Adam) a call and see if he can help you out.

Airdam Clutches

I think you need to have some machining done so the belt will have more travel to get the speed you are after. You may have to raise your RPM as well with an ignition box. The following is from his website.

The stage 5+ is the most advanced of all work possible. This refining is close to Rocket Science and is certainly a "trade secret"

It takes all of our combined experience and skill to do this "final" step correctly, and not ruin your clutches. In the regular stage 5 we do the necessary work to get your belt all the way to the bottom of the secondary, basically giving you a taller gear ratio allowing for higher running speeds.

For the adventurous... The Stage 5+ we go even further into the secondary and lighten it up to reduce the rotating mass of the clutch.

After machining the clutch for the absolute top speed, we then lighten the secondary up by removing unnecessary weight out of key areas.

One main focus is the outer rim. The outer rim of the clutch is the outermost part of the clutch and therefore carries the most unsprung weight. Proprietory processes do not allow us to disclose how much weight we take out, or where it all comes from, as that is a trade secret, but the stage 5+ work will significantly lighten the secondary clutch up allowing your motor to rev faster, and your bike to accelerate significantly faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts