Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install my Dalton clutch kit with adjustable weights and primary and secondary spring,I will use my speedwerx secondary spring.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
They use fingers on your clutch don't they?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They use fingers on your clutch don't they?
Yes RD,3 fingers,and the dalton kit has 4 different size weights that thread into each finger,this can be done without pulling the primary,the lighter the weight the quicker the RPM's come up,my window is 7400 to 7500 rpm's out of the hole and stay right there up to 50 to 55 mph then the rpm's will start dropping.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RD Here is a look at my primary,very simple to work on,you don't even have to take it off to change the spring or finger weights....NOTE the threaded hole in the end of the fingers,that's where the different length weights go......1/4''3/8''1/2''5/8''3/4''and 1'' long are the different length weights that are supplied in the kit......and there is a chart showing what weight to start with depending on tire size.....the 6 bolt holes on the front of the primary is where the cover bolts on and the primary spring goes behind the cover.the highest torque spec on any part of the clutch is 60 ft lbs and that's the primary bolt.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
Pretty straight forward unit! Just like a snowmobile clutch!

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
813 Posts
That was what I was thinking but I never has my prowler clutch cover off to compare.

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
I've had mine off more times than I can count! the rollers do a pretty good job of selecting clutch action. On the XT, and XTX models the clutch access is on the driver side, so getting to it is fairly easy! On the XTZ, and HDX I understand you have to pull the fuel tank to get to the clutch?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't have to pull the fuel tank out just move it forward a couple inches. that's the easy part.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine takes 5 minutes to get to the clutches.......quite a bit longer with my old prowler.

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
Don't have to pull the fuel tank out just move it forward a couple inches. that's the easy part.
Good to know on the HDX! Thanks for the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts