Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the clutch guru's. When I decelerate I get a noise coming from the clutch area. I took it to the dealer for repair, they installed a new AC belt and it still does it! I would take it back but they are out of bussiness!

I sounds to me like the sheave don't know what to do "stay apart or together" never working on the clutch I have no idea.

It only happens when I slow down.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem you are experiencing is one that I ran across when peforming the install and testing on a friend's 08 Prowler 650XT...The "chatter" or "drive-line hop" situation you are getting is caused by the backshift of the secondary clutch being incorrect as it applies to engine braking...The sheaves do not "rebound" fast enough on and off throttle or on brakes hard and deceeleration followed by quick acceleration, this "backshifting of the secondary can be resolved (on a snowmobile) by changing secondary spring rate of twist or spring rate (coil size/length etc...). In the case of a vehicle equipped with reverse, there are no spring "legs" to change position and change the rate of twist soooooo...I believe the answer to lie within a different secondary spring coil and rate...heavier to snap the sheaves back, ya know...I will be trying this soon on the aforementioned Prowler (w/ Dynatek C.D.I., Dynatek Coil, Dalton Primary Clutch Rollers and slight air box modifications and exhaust and full custom air box to follow...I'll get back to you on the secondary spring rate and color...

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hey danno can you give us a little more description of the noise?
I have a question for the clutch guru's. When I decelerate I get a noise coming from the clutch area. I took it to the dealer for repair, they installed a new AC belt and it still does it! I would take it back but they are out of bussiness!

I sounds to me like the sheave don't know what to do "stay apart or together" never working on the clutch I have no idea.

It only happens when I slow down.

Any ideas?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts